I had previously alluded to the coming of this part of the SeatGeek Blog, but now it's "official". We are doing this now because we have accumulated a lot of research, analysis and other "assets" that pain  me to see sit in email, Dropbox and hard drive purgatory. Plus, seeing other's like Rand Fishkin effectively reusing internal content to be more transparent has been an ongoing influence.
What Will Be Here
Although there will be some randomness you can expect the following types of posts:
- Peeks inside SeatGeek HQ (like when we were attacked by a singing mariachi chicken)
- Internal emails and discussions related to product, marketing, dev and other decisions
- Pictures of SeatGeek events, parties, concert-going etc.
- Anything else that comes to mind and with which sharing is deemed worth more than the 10 - 20 minutes it will take to publish
- What services we are using internally to help with our jobs
- What we are listening to at work
How Can This Blog Be Accessed
Currently, you'll have to read the posts as they come through. But once our Developer Jose - and begrudged WordPress expert - get's back from a CakePHP event abroad, all these posts will be found at http://seatgeek.com/blog/category/insider similar to our Developer blog. We have slowly starting putting out posts in this Insider series - two of which were linked to above - which can be found below:
- Letter 2 My Undergrads: Life Goes On
- How Does SeatGeek Make Money? The Answer to That Question and More...
Note: the posts here will often be short, unpolished and occasionally just copy and pastes from other documents, emails, analyses etc.
Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for what you want to see published here. You can comment below or get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. This doesn't actually pain me...