Get MLB tickets right here at SeatGeek.com and click on the MLB ticket prices at the bottom of the page for continued ticket price updates.
We recently launched pages that analyze average MLB ticket prices in the secondary ticket market on a weekly basis and provide a ranking of all 30 teams, with the ability to drill down by team (i.e. for Yankees ticket prices here). To complement these highly quantitative pages, we will be doing a weekly blog post to highlight some of the key qualitivative changes from the prior week such as who came out at the top, at the bottom and the biggest movers/shakers from the prior week.
Top 10 MLB Teams by Average Ticket Price (week ended 8-8-2010)
- New York Yankees tickets are once again trading at the highest average price, with Twins tickets falling to 2nd (we had recently covered the Twins rise to the top)
- The Rangers, Cardinals and Blue Jays round out the top 5
- The Red Sox have assumed a rare position outside the top 5, in 6th place
Bottom 10 MLB Teams by Average Ticket Price (week ended 8-8-2010)
- The Mariners, Dodgers, Pirates, Brewers and Angels represent the teams with the lowest average ticket prices in the MLB over the past week
- The Los Angeles Angels have assumed the position of lowest average ticket price
- The Diamondbacks had previously had the lowest rank in the MLB as determined by ticket prices, but have ascended to 26th over the last 7 days
In the future expect a deeper look into the biggest winners/losers now that we have a baseline to compare to. In the meantime, check out these related in depth ticket reports by division that my colleague Max Fram-Schwartz compiled:
Thoughts/Comments? Reach out to us on Twitter or get in touch with me personally at @chadburgess.