Get UFC tickets here at SeatGeek.com, the best ticket search engine.
What is the driver of this ticket demand? For US fans, UFC 120 is just another lack-luster filler event with no title shot. For UK MMA fans, however, this is an event featuring the two greatest English MMA stars (Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy) fighting on one card live at the first UFC event in England since 'UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera' in November of 2009.
- It is interesting to note that tickets are even selling in the US for a MMA event in London
- The above chart speaks directionally to the strong demand for UFC 120 on the secondary ticket market relative to recent events
- This demand speculation is supported by the fact that the event sold-out quickly at pricing levels ranging between roughly $80 and over $400 USD on the primary ticket market
- In addition, a scan of of the secondary ticket market in the UK shows average listings prices at roughly $400 USD
- Excluding fees, the pricing tiers on the primary market are as follows: £50.00, £75.00, £100.00, £125.00, £175.00 and £250.00
- Even though more tickets were issued for UFC 120 at The O2 in London, the cheapest available on the primary market are at the £100.00 price level
- Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy are second tier fighters, but they are both English fighters, and by saving them both to fight on a UK card, the UFC has gotten the absolute most value out of these fighters and this card as a whole
- Learn more about UFC ticket prices from our complete guide.
As reported by the UFC UK President Marshall Zelaznik, "The level of support the British fighters get from their public is unbelievable and the O2 will have a blistering atmosphere from the very first horn. UFC 120 is already the most successful UFC event in Europe."
Even though we might not be as amped over here in the States, at least we get to watch it for free on Spike at the new tape-delayed time of 8PM and for the UFC, this is a big step-up from their last outing: 'UFC 119, Ticket Prices Align with Expert Opinion, Worst Event in Months'
The UFC 120 Main Card
- Michael Bisping (19-3) vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-2-2)
- Dan Hardy (23-7-1) vs. Carlos Condit (25-5)
- John Hatahway (14-0) vs. Mike Pyle (20-7-1)
- Cheick Kongo (24-6-1) vs. Travis Browne (10-0)
- James Wilks (7-3) vs. Claude Patrick (12-1)