Want to be notified of upcoming events in your area? Signup for our newsletter!
With the 2011-2012 NFL season just weeks away and demand for 2011 NFL tickets heating up, we have decided to do a quick weekly feature on the top 10 cheapest and most expensive NFL teams based on re-sale ticket prices. This will not replace longer form NFL analyses, which we will still put out as especially interesting trends surface related to NFL ticket prices. Below are the top and bottom ten teams over the past week.
Most Expensive NFL Tickets (Week Ended 8/15/2011)
- Always a fan favorite up in the Northeast, the Patriots are commanding an average ticket price of $301.78 dollars and take the spot as the most expensive NFL ticket this week (sorry New England fans)
- Super Bowl Champs, the Green Bay Packers hold down the second spot with an avg. secondary market ticket price of $270.66
- The top five is rounded out by the Bears, Giants and the Steelers
Cheapest NFL Tickets - Week Ended 8/15/2011
- On the other end of the spectrum, Browns tickets are going to be much more affordable to buy with an average ticket price of $87.45
- With that said, this is still pretty high considering the cheapest MLB team over the same period was the Reds with an average price of $21.02
- Rounding out the bottom 5 were the Rams, Bills, Jaguars and Chiefs
If you want to see how NFL tickets stack up against other events, check out our comparison of the most expensive tickets by event-type.