Atlanta Hawks Details
The Hawks play their home games in Atlanta’s Phillips Arena, which opened in 1999. Atlanta is the franchise’s fifth home. The Hawks played previously in Buffalo (as the Buffalo Bisons), Illinois (as the Tri-City Blackhawks), Milwaukee (where they took on the Hawks name), and St. Louis. The Hawks’ last championship came in 1958, during their time in St. Louis.
In the late 80s and early 90s, the Hawks were led by future Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins. Wilkins was known for his powerful dunking ability, and he formed a rivalry with Michael Jordan at the All Star Game’s Slam Dunk Contest. Wilkins won the event twice. With Wilkins, the Hawks were one of the top regular-season teams of the late 80s. Wilkins was instrumental leading the team to four consecutive seasons where they won at least 50 games. Wilkins is the Hawks’ all-time leading scorer, but he could not lead the team past the second round of the playoffs.
After the departure of Wilkins, The Hawks’ success in the 90s centered around shooting guard Steve Smith and 7 foot 2 center Dikembe Mutombo. The duo helped the Hawks to two seasons with 50 or more wins but still could not make it past the second round.
The Hawks finally made it past the second round in 2015 with a resurgent team led by four time All Star Paul Millsap. They would ultimately lose in the Conference Finals to LeBron James’ Cavaliers. The 2016-17 Hawks finished the regular season with a 43-39 record, earning them the East’s 5th seed, but they lost in the first round to the Washington Wizards.
The Hawks are in the midst of a major roster overhaul, and they will have to try to make their way back to the playoffs without Millsap, who left as a free agent and signed with the Nuggets. New GM Chris Schlenk wants his team to be competitive, so he’s likely relieved by the performance of his 2017 first rounder John Collins (17th overall), who has impressed fans in the NBA’s summer league.
How to purchase Atlanta Hawks tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Hawks tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Hawks games to find a game you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and matchup, click on the green button on the right hand side of the screen to see all available tickets for that game.
- Next, explore all available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the bottom of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To purchase a ticket, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Hawks tickets.
When do Hawks playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Hawks make the postseason, playoff tickets should go on sale shortly after, typically in April. Be sure to sign up for an account so you can get alerts about Hawks playoff tickets!
Atlanta Hawks schedule
For a list of upcoming Hawks games, feel free to browse the game listings above, or visit our Hawks Schedule page for game results, scores, the team record, and future games. The 2017-18 Hawks regular season runs from October 18, 2017 to April 10, 2018.
How much do Hawks tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the widest selection of tickets on the web, offering Hawks tickets for every fan at every price point. Typically, Hawks tickets start at about $17. Visit our Hawks Ticket Prices page for more information.
When do the Hawks play the Magic?
This 2017-18 season dates for Hawks vs. Magic games are December 6 at Amway Center, December 9 at Philips Arena, February 8 at Amway Center, and April 1 at Philips Arena. Visit our Hawks vs. Magic matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Atlanta Hawks Top Matchups
The Atlanta Hawks have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Hawks vs. Hornets Tickets
- Hawks vs. Heat Tickets
- Hawks vs. Magic Tickets
- Hawks vs. Wizards Tickets
- Hawks vs. Mavericks Tickets
- Hawks vs. Rockets Tickets
- Hawks vs. Grizzlies Tickets
- Hawks vs. Pelicans Tickets
- Hawks vs. Spurs Tickets
- Hawks vs. Celtics Tickets
- Hawks vs. Nets Tickets
- Hawks vs. Knicks Tickets
- Hawks vs. 76ers Tickets
- Hawks vs. Raptors Tickets