Boston Celtics Details
The Celtics are one of the NBA’s oldest and most historic teams. Since the franchise first began playing in 1946, the Celtics have won an NBA-best 17 championships and have also won 21 conference titles. The Celtics share their home arena, TD Garden—which opened in 1995, a whole nine inches north of the famous Boston Garden—with the NHL’s Boston Bruins.
Some of the NBA’s best players have worn the iconic green uniform of the Celtics, and the Celtics have retired a whopping 21 jersey numbers, include Larry Bird’s 33 and Kevin McHale’s 32. Jim Loscutoff, who won seven championships with the Celtics, declined to have his number 18 retired, so the team hangs his nickname “LOCKSY” from the rafters of the Garden instead.
The Celtics have had many of their most successful seasons in two separate “Big Three” eras. The first Big Three consisted of dominant shooter Larry Bird, power forward Kevin McHale, and clutch center Robert Parish. The trio won a championship for the Celtics in 1981, and then won four in a row between 1984 and 1987.
In 2007, the Celtics formed another Big Three, this time composed of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce. The new trio took the Celtics to the 2008 finals, where they defeated the Celtics’ old rival, the Los Angeles Lakers, in six games. The 2008 Celtics set a record with 26 games played in the playoffs, as they played in two series that went to seven games and two others that lasted for six.
After some crafty trading involving Kevin Garnett, the Celtics won the 2017 draft lottery (with a pick acquired from the Brooklyn Nets) even though they finished first—above even LeBron James’ defending champion Cavs team—in the East. Although they lost in the Conference Finals to the Cavs, it’s an exciting road ahead for Boston. The team has clearly improved over the offseason, signing Gordon Hayward away from the Jazz. The Celtics traded their first overall pick to the Sixers to draft NBA-ready Jason Tatum with pick number 3. Hayward and Tatum will join a strong team that already includes Isaiah Thomas, Al Horford, and Jae Crowder.
How to purchase Boston Celtics tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Boston Celtics tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Celtics games to find a game you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and matchup, click on the green button on the right hand side of the screen to see all available tickets for that game.
- Next, explore all available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the bottom of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To purchase a ticket, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Boston Celtics tickets.
When do Celtics playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Celtics make the postseason, playoff tickets should go on sale shortly after, typically in April. Be sure to sign up for an account so you can get alerts about Celtics playoff tickets!
Boston Celtics schedule
For a list of upcoming Celtics games, feel free to browse the game listings above, or visit our Celtics Schedule page for game results, scores, the team record, and future games. The 2017-18 Celtics regular season runs from October 17, 2017 to April 11, 2018.
How much do Celtics tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the widest selection of tickets on the web, offering Celtics tickets for every fan at every price point. Typically, Celtics tickets start at about $50. Visit our Celtics Ticket Prices page for more information.
When do the Celtics play the Cavaliers?
This 2017-18 season dates for Celtics vs. Cavaliers games are January 3 and February 11 at TD Garden. Visit our Celtics vs. Cavaliers matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Boston Celtics Top Matchups
The Boston Celtics have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Celtics vs. Nets Tickets
- Celtics vs. Knicks Tickets
- Celtics vs. 76ers Tickets
- Celtics vs. Raptors Tickets
- Celtics vs. Nuggets Tickets
- Celtics vs. Timberwolves Tickets
- Celtics vs. Thunder Tickets
- Celtics vs. Trail Blazers Tickets
- Celtics vs. Jazz Tickets
- Celtics vs. Bulls Tickets
- Celtics vs. Cavaliers Tickets
- Celtics vs. Pistons Tickets
- Celtics vs. Pacers Tickets
- Celtics vs. Bucks Tickets