Carolina Hurricanes Details
Playing out of the Eastern Conference’s Metropolitan Division, the Carolina Hurricanes were often overwhelmed by tougher offenses and stifling defenses throughout the 2016-17 season. The ‘Canes finished 7th in the division, missing out on the Stanley Cup playoffs for the eighth straight season. Coached by Bill Peters, Carolina struggled on both ends of the ice, finishing 21st in scoring and 18th in goals against. When you’re playing in a division with Pittsburgh, Washington, and Columbus, winning isn’t going to be easy and the Hurricanes didn’t do themselves any favors.
The 2017-18 is looking up for Carolina, however. The team has made important offseason moves including trading for Chicago’s backup goaltender Scott Darling. Darling finished last season in Chicago with a 18-5-5 record, a .924 save percentage and a 2.38 goals against average. His time to be a number one goaltender has arrived and he’ll look to make his presence known immediately in a Hurricanes sweater. Chicago has been good to Carolina, as the Canes also have former Blackhawk winger Teuvo Teravainen. In 81 games with Carolina last season, Teravainen had 15 goals and 27 assists. He is an essential piece of the offensive puzzle moving forward. Alternate captain Jeff Skinner is another essential piece. Last season, he was by far the team’s best weapon, finishing the year with 37 goals and 26 assists. Finally, winger Sebastian Aho will be expected to have repeat success after a fantastic rookie campaign. The 19-year-old contributed 24 goals and 25 assists in a full 82-game season.
The fans of PNC Arena will be in for some ups and downs in 2017-18, considering how tough the Metro division is, but the future is certainly bright for the Carolina Hurricanes.
How to purchase Carolina Hurricanes tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Carolina Hurricanes tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Hurricanes games to find a game you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and matchup, click on the green button on the right hand side of the screen to see all available tickets for that game.
- Next, explore all available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the bottom of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To purchase a ticket, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Carolina Hurricanes tickets.
When do Hurricanes playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Hurricanes make the postseason, playoff tickets should go on sale shortly after, typically in April. Be sure to sign up for an account so you can get alerts about Hurricanes playoff tickets!
Carolina Hurricanes schedule
For a list of upcoming Hurricanes games, feel free to browse the game listings above, or visit our Hurricanes Schedule page for game results, scores, the team record, and future games. The 2017-18 Hurricanes regular season runs from October 7, 2017 to April 7, 2018.
How much do Hurricanes tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the widest selection of tickets on the web, offering Hurricanes tickets for every fan at every price point. Typically, Hurricanes tickets start at about $20. Visit our Hurricanes Ticket Prices page for more information.
When do the Hurricanes play the Flyers?
This 2017-18 season dates for Hurricanes vs. Flyers games are February 6 and March 17 at PNC Arena and March 1 and April 5 at Wells Fargo Center. Visit our Hurricanes vs. Flyers matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Carolina Hurricanes Top Matchups
The Carolina Hurricanes have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Hurricanes vs. Blue Jackets Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Devils Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Islanders Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Rangers Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Flyers Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Penguins Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Capitals Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Bruins Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Sabres Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Red Wings Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Panthers Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Canadiens Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Senators Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Lightning Tickets
- Hurricanes vs. Maple Leafs Tickets