- Find tickets to BAYNK with Cosmo's Midnight on Friday January 28 at 8:00 pm at Fox Theater - Oakland in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Machine Girl on Friday January 28 at 9:00 pm at The New Parish in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Marca MP on Saturday January 29 at 7:00 pm at Oakland Arena in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Sech on Saturday January 29 at 8:00 pm at Fox Theater - Oakland in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Caifanes on Thursday February 3 at 8:00 pm at Fox Theater - Oakland in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Rotimi on Friday February 4 at 9:00 pm at The New Parish in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Obituary with Municipal Waste on Saturday February 5 at 6:15 pm at The UC Theatre in Berkeley, CA
- Find tickets to Dream Theater (Rescheduled from 11/1/21) on Sunday February 6 at 8:00 pm at Fox Theater - Oakland in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Wale with Guapdad 4000 on Thursday February 10 at 8:00 pm at Fox Theater - Oakland in Oakland, CA
- Find tickets to Ana Gabriel on Thursday February 10 at 8:00 pm at Oakland Arena in Oakland, CA
Located on the east side of California’s San Francisco Bay, Oakland is a city of nearly half a million folks. With over 50 neighborhoods throughout the city, Oakland is a melting pot with a warm, sunny climate and a bustling tourist economy. What’s more, this city also has a lively music and concert scene for both locals and tourists to enjoy. Many famous artists have come out of Oakland as well. Legendary hip-hop artist MC Hammer and singer Keyshia Cole were both born in Oakland, CA. Punk rock band, Green Day, also has roots nearby Oakland and has been known to grace the city’s stages. In fact, February 19th was officially declared ‘Green Day Day’ in Oakland in 2016!
Oakland’s music scene has been described as more “experimental” than in other cities. But what was once a city peppered with underground venues in abandoned warehouses, Oakland now offers plenty of top-notch venues for up-and-coming artists to perform.
From The Sound Room to The Legionnaire Saloon, locals no longer feel the need to pop over to San Francisco to catch a show or perform. The Fox Theater and Complex Oakland are other live music venues worth checking out. From pop and hip-hop to jazz and bluegrass, Oakland’s musical genres are varied and ever-changing.
Oakland Concert Venues
There are plenty of great places to hear live music in Oakland. The New Parish is known for its reggae jams, while Yoshi's Jazz Club offers smooth blues and delicious Japanese cuisine. Of course, larger venues include the Paramount Theatre and the Oakland Metro Operahouse. For a more hipster vibe, head uptown to Bar Three Fifty-Five or The Stork Club. Looking for a cool dive bar with live music? Stop by Eli’s Mile High Club or The Golden Bull for a fun night out. For the A-list performance, be sure to check the schedule of Oracle Arena, home to the NBA’s Golden State Warriors and a popular spot for big-time concerts.
Oakland Concert Ticket Prices
The average cost of concert tickets in Oakland is $152 per ticket. Of course, pricing is subject to change depending on the performer, the day of the week that the performance falls on, and a variety of other factors.
Oakland Music Festivals
With more and more folks flocking to Oakland for its music scene, there are more festivals and events in this city than ever before. In fact, each July, Oakland hosts the Art + Soul Festival in the city’s downtown area. The Eastlake Music Festival is a free outdoor festival that celebrates Oakland music and draws in many people from the Bay Area. One of the city’s newer events is called the Blurry Vision Festival. This two-day hip-hop and R&B celebration is a local favorite.
What are some concert tips and tricks for catching bands in Oakland?
If you’re visiting the Bay Area, the greatest tip of all is knowing about Oakland in the first place. Just 40 minutes from San Francisco, Oakland offers rising talent, affordable venues, and plenty of dive bars to enjoy a drink and a show. To avoid the stress and high costs of parking, take the city’s BART train to get around town.