Dallas Mavericks Details
The Mavericks were admitted to the NBA as an expansion team for the 1980-81 season. They qualified for the playoffs for the first time just two years later. The Mavericks have been owned by Mark Cuban since 2000. Cuban quickly became a local celebrity, frequently appearing courtside at Mavericks’ home games. Cuban’s candid personality draws frequent attention around the league, and he has been fined by the NBA on multiple occasions. In recent years, Cuban has become more of a national celebrity, appearing as a billionaire investor on Shark Tank.
On the court, the face of the Mavericks is power forward Dirk Nowitzki. Nowitzki is considered one of the best of all time in his position. Dallas acquired Nowitzki in the 1998 draft, immediately after the Milwaukee Bucks drafted him with the 9th pick. The Mavs have won the Southwest Division three times, and they’ve won the Western Conference twice. Nowitzki and the Mavericks made their first NBA Finals appearance in 2006, where they lost in six games to a Miami Heat team that included Dwayne Wade and Shaquille O’Neal.
In 2011, The Mavs swept the defending-champion LA Lakers and returned to the Finals, where they won a rematch with the Heat—who this time around boasted a roster that included LeBron James and Chris Bosh, in addition to Wade. The 2011 NBA Champion Mavericks roster included Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, and Lamar Odom in addition to Nowitzki.
After a poor start to last season, the Mavericks did not qualify for the playoffs. Nowitzki, now 39, has signed with the team to return for the 2017-18 season—potentially his last in the NBA. He and Kobe Bryant are the only players to spend 20+ year careers all with one team. In addition to a potential farewell tour for one of the NBA’s great players, fans can look forward to watching young talent like Harrison Barnes, Yogi Ferrell, and 2017 9th overall pick Dennis Smith Jr.
How to purchase Dallas Mavericks tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Dallas Mavericks tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Mavericks games to find a game you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and matchup, click on the green button on the right hand side of the screen to see all available tickets for that game.
- Next, explore all available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the bottom of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To purchase a ticket, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Dallas Mavericks tickets.
When do Mavericks playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Mavericks make the postseason, playoff tickets should go on sale shortly after, typically in April. Be sure to sign up for an account so you can get alerts about Mavericks playoff tickets!
Dallas Mavericks schedule
For a list of upcoming Mavericks games, feel free to browse the game listings above, or visit our Mavericks Schedule page for game results, scores, the team record, and future games. The 2017-18 Mavericks regular season runs from October 18, 2017 to April 10, 2018.
How much do Mavericks tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the widest selection of tickets on the web, offering Mavericks tickets for every fan at every price point. Typically, Mavericks tickets start at about $15. Visit our Mavericks Ticket Prices page for more information.
When do the Mavericks play the Spurs?
This 2017-18 season dates for Mavericks vs. Spurs games are November 27 at AT&T Center, December 12 at American Airlines Center, and December 16 at AT&T Center. Visit our Mavericks vs. Spurs matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Dallas Mavericks Top Matchups
The Dallas Mavericks have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Mavericks vs. Rockets Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Grizzlies Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Pelicans Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Spurs Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Hawks Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Hornets Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Heat Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Magic Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Wizards Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Nuggets Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Timberwolves Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Thunder Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Trail Blazers Tickets
- Mavericks vs. Jazz Tickets