Bummer! Looks like there aren't any events
Check back another time
Other Upcoming Events Nearby
The fans have spoken
"We got PHENOMENAL seats for a low price. We're very satisfied with the service."
"Great prices and fast delivery on my tickets."
"Cheaper than other sites! Easy to use."
Detroit Red Wings Details
Some of the best players in NHL History have played for the Detroit Red Wings. It helps that the Red Wings are an Original Six team, so they’ve been around a long time, but they’ve been successful in nearly every era.
The Red Wings won three Stanley Cups during the 1930s and 40s. In the 1949-50 season, a young forward named Gordie Howe joined the team. Though Howe did not put up spectacular numbers in his rookie season, the Red Wings, led by other legendary Red Wings like Sid Abel and Ted Lindsay, won the Stanley Cup in 1950.
In the years that followed, Howe began to build what would become an illustrious career. Howe’s game was a combination of skill and toughness. A player who records a goal, an assist, and a fight in the same game is said to have earned a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. He was the quintessential hockey player and earned the nickname Mr. Hockey. Howe and the Red Wings won four consecutive Stanley Cups between 1949-50 and 1954-55. Howe played for the Red Wings well into his 40s and played an NHL season as a 52-year-old. His 801 career goals are second only to Wayne Gretzky.
After the NHL expanded in 1967, the Red Wings struggled for many years. The teams of this era were sometimes derided as the Dead Things or Dead Wings. Finally, led by captain Steve Yzerman and other players like Sergei Fedorov, Brendan Shanahan, and Nicklas Lidstrom, the Red Wings returned to the Stanley Cup Final in 1995-96 and swept the Philadelphia Flyers to end their long championship drought.
The Red Wings won three consecutive Stanley Cups in the 1990s. In the 2001-02 season, the Red Wings assembled a roster you could have only put together before the salary cap era. The 2002 Red Wings had more future Hall of Famers on the team than would be possible today. Joining Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov, and Lidstrom were players like Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille, Dominik Hasek, Chris Chelios, and Pavel Datsyuk. The Red Wings finished the season in first place and won the Stanley Cup, their fourth in ten years.
The salary cap didn’t stop the Red Wings either: they won the Stanley Cup again after the 2007-08 season. The Red Wings made the playoffs for 25 consecutive seasons between 1983-84 and 2015-16. The streak was the longest active playoffs streak in pro-sports before it ended after the 2016-17 season.
How to purchase Detroit Red Wings tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Detroit Red Wings tickets.
- Search the Red Wings game listings above to find a game you want to attend. Once you find the perfect game and date, browse available tickets for that game by clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Next, explore ticket listings on the left hand side of the screen. To sort available tickets by price, use the filters at the bottom of the page. You can also sort by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks available tickets by value and displays exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side of the screen, you will see SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps, designed to help users find the perfect seating section. The maps also offer a preview of the view from a particular seat in that section.
- Click on a listing to purchase a ticket and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process.
- Once information is entered, SeatGeek will process your order and seamlessly deliver Detroit Red Wings tickets to your email or mobile device.
When do Red Wings playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Red Wings make the NHL playoffs, tickets typically go on sale in April. For alerts on Red Wings playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for an account.
Detroit Red Wings schedule
The Red Wings play at Little Caesars Arena, which opened in 2017. They open the 2018-19 season at home on October 4, 2018 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Red Wings conclude their season at home on April 6, 2019 after they face the Buffalo Sabres.
How much do Red Wings tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the largest variety of tickets on the web, offering Red Wings tickets for all fans at every price point. The average resale price for a Red Wings ticket is $83, though this can change depending on the individual seat and game you are considering.
When do the Red Wings play the Maple Leafs and Avalanche?
The NHL went through a major realignment before the 2013-14 season. As a result, the Red Wings moved from the Western Conference to the Eastern Conference, which created new rivalries for the Red Wings. One of their new division rivals is the Toronto Maple Leafs, who were also an Original Six team. The Red Wings play the Leafs in Detroit on October 11, 2018 and February 1, 2019. The teams play in Toronto on December 6 and December 23, 2018.
If you’re feeling nostalgic, the Red Wings still play their old rivals, the Colorado Avalanche, twice a year. They play in Detroit on December 2, 2018 and in Colorado on March 5, 2019.
Detroit Red Wings Top Matchups
The Detroit Red Wings have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Red Wings vs. Bruins Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Sabres Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Panthers Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Canadiens Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Senators Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Lightning Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Maple Leafs Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Hurricanes Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Blue Jackets Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Devils Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Islanders Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Rangers Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Flyers Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Penguins Tickets
- Red Wings vs. Capitals Tickets
Detroit Red Wings Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|
December 8, 2017
The Best NHL Goalie Fights of All Time
While most sports are doing all they can to tone down the violence, the NHL is still going strong and allowing it’s players to throw down once in a while. Although it may be the norm to see players exchange some blows from time to time, it's a bit more rare when the goalies start…
November 1, 2017
Longest Major Professional Sports Games in History
Sunday night, October 29, baseball fans witnessed one of the greatest World Series games in MLB history, as the Houston Astros beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 13-12 in a 10-inning, five-hour-17-minute affair that left everyone on the edge of their seats. While not the longest World Series game in history, it got us here at…
September 1, 2017
Single Season Win Records in Each Major Professional Sport
With the Los Angeles Dodgers just less than 30 wins away from the MLB’s all-time win record (116), there is a good chance that history could be broken at the end of September. With just such a record in sight, let’s look back at the record for single-season win totals in each of the four…