Detroit Tigers Details
The Tigers were a founding member of the American League in 1901. They are the oldest American League team to have never changed its name or have moved to a different city. The Tigers acquired Ty Cobb, arguably the most famous player in the history of the franchise, in 1905. Cobb played 21 years for the Tigers and was a player/manager for the team from 1921-1926. Cobb was known for his ability to get on base: he did not hit many home runs, but he was a 12 time AL batting champion, and his .367 career batting average is the highest in Major League Baseball.
The Tigers have won multiple World Series titles. One of their more memorable titles came in 1984, over the San Diego Padres. The Tigers received strong pitching from Jack Morris, a member of the Hall of Fame’s class of 2018, and from Willie Hernandez, who won the Cy Young and American League MVP awards as a closing pitcher. The Tigers also went to the World Series in 2006 after narrowly missing out on the AL Central title.
Noteworthy players to wear a Tigers uniform include Hall of Famers Al Kaline, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris, Hank Greenberg, and the aforementioned Cobb.
The Tigers play at Comerica Park in downtown Detroit, near all of the city’s major pro-sports arenas.
Frequently Asked Questions About Detroit Tigers Tickets
How much are Detroit Tigers tickets?
Tigers ticket prices on the secondary market can vary depending on a number of factors. Typically, Tigers tickets can be found for as low as $7.00, with an average price of $41.00.
How to get cheap Tigers tickets?
If you’re looking for cheap Tigers tickets, tickets can be found for as low as $7.00. Additionally, once you click on your preferred event date, use the “sort by price” button located in the top left hand corner of the event page to sort all available Tigers tickets by cheapest tickets available.
Where do the Detroit Tigers play?
The Tigers home games are played at Comerica Park in Detroit, MI.
What teams are in the Detroit Tigers division?
Do I need to print my Tigers tickets?
As of 2019, all MLB teams offer mobile ticketing methods but some teams still allow print-at-home tickets. Currently, the Tigers accept print and mobile tickets to gain entry into Comerica Park.
Does my child need a ticket for Tigers games?
Each MLB team has their own child ticket policy. Some teams have age requirements and others have restrictions on height. The Tigers ticket policy states all children 3 and under are free.
Detroit Tigers schedule
The Tigers schedule is typically released in August, though the MLB will continue to announce games through the middle of January. See above for all Tigers games, home and away.
How to buy Detroit Tigers tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Detroit Tigers tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Detroit Tigers tickets to find a show you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and show time, click on the button on the right hand side of the event to see all available tickets for that show.
- Next, explore all available Detroit Tigers tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the top of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To buy Detroit Tigers tickets, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Detroit Tigers tickets.
The Tigers are the top team in 80 U.S. counties across Michigan and Ohio
According to an analysis of SeatGeek data, the Tigers are the most popular MLB team in 80 total counties, including 68 in the team’s home state of Michigan. The remainder of the state is split between the Cubs in southwestern MI and the Brewers near the Wisconsin border.
Tigers fandom also stretches across state lines into Ohio, where the team claims another 12 counties. Ohio is an interesting case of MLB fandom, with allegiances split across five unique teams.
Additional findings in our data include:
- The Braves, with strong support across the southeastern U.S., are the most popular team in 515 counties -- most in the MLB
- The Mariners, who control Alaska and much of the Pacific Northwest, are the team that covers the greatest land area
- The Braves are also in control of the most “out of state counties” with 360, followed by the Royals (223) and Cardinals (205)
- Baseball allegiance in Pennsylvania is split among seven teams, more than any other state
For a look at additional data and trends, you can find our full blog post on MLB fandom here.
Detroit Tigers Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|
July 30, 2018
5 Tips: How To Get Cheap Detroit Tigers Tickets
*Use code TBA10MLB for $10 off your purchase of $50 or more* Detroit Tigers tickets can be pricey. However, nobody should have to blow their summer savings trying to catch a game. Use these top 5 tips to save money on Tigers tickets this summer. #1. Go to a Weekday Game Unsurprisingly, Tigers games that fall on…