- Find tickets from 26 dollars to Villanova Wildcats at Georgetown Hoyas Basketball on Wednesday February 20 at 6:30 pm at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC
- Find tickets from 14 dollars to Georgetown Hoyas at Creighton Bluejays Basketball on Saturday February 23 at 1:30 pm at CHI Health Center Omaha in Omaha, NE
- Find tickets from 6 dollars to DePaul Blue Demons at Georgetown Hoyas Basketball on Wednesday February 27 at 7:00 pm at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC
- Find tickets from 20 dollars to Seton Hall Pirates at Georgetown Hoyas Basketball on Saturday March 2 at 6:30 pm at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC
- Find tickets from 18 dollars to Georgetown Hoyas at DePaul Blue Demons Basketball on Wednesday March 6 at 7:30 pm at Wintrust Arena in Chicago, IL
- Find tickets from 94 dollars to Georgetown Hoyas at Marquette Golden Eagles Basketball on Saturday March 9 at 12:00 pm at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, WI
The fans have spoken
"We got PHENOMENAL seats for a low price. We're very satisfied with the service."
"Great prices and fast delivery on my tickets."
"Cheaper than other sites! Easy to use."
Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Details
So, what IS a Hoya, anyway? We’ll tell you at the end of this summary. First, here’s some information about Georgetown hoops.
Georgetown’s basketball program dates to 1907, and they played in various conferences before joining the Big East in 1979. That’s when things got interesting.
After a conference title and two NCAA Tournament berths in two Big East seasons, head coach John Thompson landed one of the most prized recruits in the history of college basketball: Center Patrick Ewing.
As a freshman, Ewing was a defensive force, averaging 3.2 blocks per game and intimidating anyone who entered the lane. The Hoyas reached the national title game that year, losing 63-62 to North Carolina on a game-winning jumper from freshman Michael Jordan.
The Hoyas won the national championship in 1984 – with Ewing named as the tourney’s Most Outstanding Player – and were upset in the 1985 NCAA final by conference rival Villanova.
Thompson won 596 games at Georgetown, and was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1999. Four of his players are also Hall members: Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and Allen Iverson. Ewing was named as Georgetown’s head coach in 2017.
Georgetown plays home games at Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. The facility holds more than 20,000 fans for basketball, and sits above a Washington Metro station. You can find parking in the neighborhood, but public transit is more convenient and affordable.
So to answer the original question…here’s the story from the Georgetown website: “Many years ago, when all Georgetown students were required to study Greek and Latin, the University’s teams were nicknamed ‘The Stonewalls.’ It is suggested that a student, using Greek and Latin terms, started the cheer ‘Hoya Saxa!’, which translated into ‘What Rocks!’ The name proved popular and the term ‘Hoyas’ was eventually adopted for all Georgetown teams.”
Get your Georgetown basketball tickets now!
November 30, 2018
Who is Mac McClung? | Stats & Player Highlights
One of the most exciting members of this year’s freshmen class of college basketball stars is not a prototypical "blue chip" prospect. Mac McClung, a 19-year-old freshman at Georgetown University, found viral fame online thanks to his insane athleticism and propensity for throwing down monster dunks. What’s worth noting about McClung is that he’s just…
March 20, 2013
2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament - South Region
NCAA Tournament South Tickets South Bracket Second Round Games NCAA Basketball Top Seeds - South Kansas City Ticket Price Info 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament - South Region Some of the biggest names in college sports highlight the top of the 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament's South region bracket. Kansas may be the most well-known college basketball program…