You will require routine interaction with other departments to ensure relevant financial and accounting information is captured. You will lead the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process for SeatGeek, ensure accurate accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and manage a team of 3 direct reports.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the preparation of consolidated GAAP financial statements including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliation processes.
- Consistently identify and implement process improvements
- Manage the monthly inter-company process, ensuring confirmation and reconciliation of account balances and investments are accounted.
- Ensure accounting procedures and controls are followed and modified as we grow
- Produce and oversee performance of monthly account reconciliations
- Support management to complete special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Collaborate with other team members to help achieve company plans
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, as well as a CPA certification
- 7+ years of strong accounting experience. This includes at least 2 busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or SEC registered company and proficiency in US GAAP
- Analytical with the ability to sort through complex issues and communicate them with all partners
- Enthusiasm, with a commitment to exceed client expectations
- Enjoys a teamwork oriented environment with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services