In October, we launched the all-new SeatGeek 2.0 experience. The new version of the app added authentication, performer and event tracking, notifications, and a comprehensive redesign. We've come a long way since our first version that we launched at the end of 2013 and we still have so much more we want to do!
Mobile apps are a huge focus for us. Our iOS app had a bit of a head start and already has over a million users. We're just about to break 500,000. Our goal is not to clone our iOS app on Android; we're building something that's purposefully, willfully for Android, through and through. We want to define sports and music on the platform.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working on major components and new features of the SeatGeek Android app
- Working with the SeatGeek design & product folks to build a UI/UX that stands out among the best Android interfaces
What We're Looking For
- Someone who cares about building experiences that are used and loved by millions
- Someone with a passion for trying and building innovative things
- Someone with prior Android experience and app(s) in the Google Play Store
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded early stage company
- A culture where the product is king
- A monthly budget to spend on tickets to live events
- A laid-back, fun workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and social jaunts organized by Eric Waller, our official Social Chair
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we've opensourced our a/b testing framework, Sixpack, our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate, and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups