SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. As we grow, the scale of our technical challenges - and their effect on our customers - continues to increase. We want to ensure we continue to build the best product we can.
What You'll Do On the People Side
- Manage a high-performing team of engineers.
- Provide regular job performance feedback to, hold one-on-ones with, and provide career development support to your direct reports.
- Train and mentor the more junior engineers on best practices.
- Actively participate in our recruiting process, helping us to grow our engineering team in any way you can.
What You'll Do On The Technical Side
- Perform code reviews and provide code design and product feedback to the team.
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and keep our development machine humming.
- Participate in planning cycles, and help us keep our priorities in order.
- ...and if you have any free time after doing all of that stuff, writing code is always a good way to stay sharp!
What We're Looking For
- At least five years of experience as an engineer in a role that was mostly about writing code.
- Irreproachable technical skills. Your team should look up to you as a mentor.
- Knowledge of industry trends in tools and technologies. You can help your team make good tooling and framework decisions that will set them up for success.
- At least three years of experience as an engineering manager of productive, high-performing teams.
- Terrific communication skills. You understand how to lead by setting context.
The Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious.
- Mobile Development: Native applications, Swift and Kotlin
- Languages: Python (our primary language), C#/.NET Core, Go and PHP
- Datastores: MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch
- Server: Nginx, Tornado and flask for Python, all running on AWS
- Version control: Git
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek - we've open-sourced numerous projects and made them available on GitHub