As a Product Manager on the Infrastructure team at SeatGeek, you'll become an integral part of our development team. Helping to automate and optimize SeatGeek's technology ecosystem, focusing on infrastructure and release automation, operating environment resilience, and generally, making things work and scale.
What You'll Be Doing
SeatGeek is a company that moves fast while growing at an impressive scale. We want to continue to enable our engineers to ship their code to production with the push of a button. To provide that type of agility to our engineering team, SeatGeek needs a world class development infrastructure.
- Envision new product features and then drive their creation, including writing feature specs, making wireframes, detailing goals, defining KPIs, and working with the design and dev team to get them into users’ hands
- Taking engineering managers and engineers along for the journey as your conduct research and gather feedback
- Triage product requests, ideas, and bug reports, and act as an ambassador for your product area to the rest of the company
- Obsess over product analytics, creating and monitoring product dashboards and constantly finding new insights in our user data
- Clearly communicate project status to all stakeholders, and take responsibility for deadlines and deliverables
- Improve workflow automation across the Infrastructure team, and across the Development organization more broadly
- Interact with the rest of the engineering organization to help support them in getting the most out of our infrastructure tooling
What We're Looking For
You have a proven track record with at least 2+ years of product management experience. You’re a curious, detail-oriented, hyper-organized self-starter who can manage a lot of information, projects, and responsibilities at once.
You can clearly express your product vision. You will help own our development infrastructure system, and define the vision of how engineers work at SeatGeek.
Ideally you also have expertise with a majority of the following:
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Proven experience executing tool development, services, and platforms
- Project management tools like Trello, Asana, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, or Github Issues
- Google Spreadsheets and/or Excel
- Experience working closely with engineering teams
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups