Upcoming Events Near Ashburn, VA
May 28, Mon 1:05 pm - Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Miami Heat Details
The Heat joined the NBA as an expansion team in 1988. Though, like most expansion teams, they struggled initially, the Heat qualified for the playoffs for the first time in just their fourth season. In 1997, the Heat made their first appearance in the Eastern Conference Finals but lost in five games to Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls.
In 2003, the Heat drafted Dwayne Wade with the 1st overall pick, and Wade became the face of the franchise until his departure in 2016. The Heat brought Shaquille O’Neal to Miami in a trade before the 2004-05 season, and in 2006, O’Neal and Wade took the Heat to their first NBA Finals, where they defeated the Mavericks in 6 games. Dwayne Wade was the Finals MVP.
In the 2010 offseason, the Heat made some of the most high-profile free agent signings off all time. LeBron James infamously left the Cavaliers to sign with the Heat, and he was joined by fellow free-agent Chris Bosh and the returning Dwayne Wade. Miami’s fearsome “Big 3” made it to the NBA championship during their first season together but lost to the Dallas Mavericks in a rematch of the Heat’s first finals appearance. The Heat would win the next two finals series, winning in 2012 against the Thunder and in 2013 against the Spurs. The 2012 title was the first for both James and Bosh, and LeBron won the regular season and Finals MVP awards in both seasons.
The Heat returned to the finals for last time in 2014 but lost in a rematch with the Spurs. James left for Cleveland the next season, and Dwayne Wade signed with the Chicago Bulls in 2016. Miami has moved on from the entire Big 3, as Chris Bosh’s issues with blood clots have left his basketball future in doubt.
Last season, the Heat finished with a .500 record and landed just outside the playoffs. In the 2017-18 season, the Heat will look to returning players like Hasan Whiteside and youngsters like 2017 first round pick Edrice Adebayo to keep them from missing the playoffs twice in a row for the first time since 2002-2003.
How to purchase Miami Heat tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Miami Heat tickets.
- Search the Heat game listings above to find a game you want to attend. Once you find the perfect game and date, browse available tickets for that game by clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Next, explore ticket listings on the left hand side of the screen. To sort available tickets by price, use the filters at the bottom of the page. You can also sort by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks available tickets by value and displays exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side of the screen, you will see SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps, designed to help users find the perfect seating section. The maps also offer a preview of the view from a particular seat in that section.
- Click on a listing to purchase a ticket and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process.
- Once information is entered, SeatGeek will process your order and seamlessly deliver Miami Heat tickets to your email or mobile device.
When do Heat playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Heat make the NBA playoffs, tickets typically go on sale in April. For alerts on Heat playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for an account.
Miami Heat schedule
To browse upcoming Heat games, search the game listings above. For Heat results, scores, record, and information on future games, feel free to explore our Heat Schedule page. This year, the Heat season runs from October 18, 2017 to April 11, 2018.
How much do Heat tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the largest variety of tickets on the web, offering Heat tickets for all fans at every price point. Normally, Heat tickets will start at $15. For further information, visit our Heat Ticket Prices page.
When do the Heat play the Magic?
This season, the Heat play the Magic December 26 and February 5 in Miami and December 1 and December 30 in Orlando. Visit our Heat vs. Magic matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Miami Heat Top Matchups
The Miami Heat have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Heat vs. Hawks Tickets
- Heat vs. Hornets Tickets
- Heat vs. Magic Tickets
- Heat vs. Wizards Tickets
- Heat vs. Mavericks Tickets
- Heat vs. Rockets Tickets
- Heat vs. Grizzlies Tickets
- Heat vs. Pelicans Tickets
- Heat vs. Spurs Tickets
- Heat vs. Celtics Tickets
- Heat vs. Nets Tickets
- Heat vs. Knicks Tickets
- Heat vs. 76ers Tickets
- Heat vs. Raptors Tickets