Minnesota Twins Details
The Twins franchise was a founding member of the American League in 1901. The team originally played in Washington, D.C. as the Washington Senators. The Senators were most successful during the 20s and 30s, winning three AL Pennants and a World Series championship in 1924. Before the 1961 season, the team relocated to Minnesota and changed its name to the Twins, after Minnesota’s Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Since their move to Minnesota, the Twins have won two World Series titles. Their first came in 1987 over the St. Louis Cardinals, and their most recent came in 1991 against the Atlanta Braves. In a countdown leading up to the 100th anniversary of the World Series, ESPN named the ’91 Series the greatest of all time. The series went the full seven games, and five games were decided by a single run. Game 7 was scoreless into the 10th inning. Minnesota’s Jack Morris, a future hall of famer, pitched the entire game in his third start of the series. Utility player Gene Larkin came into the game as pinch hitter in the 10th inning and hit a walk-off single to win the game. Morris received World Series MVP honors for his ten-inning shutout.
The Twins play at Target Field in Minneapolis. The open-air stadium was completed in 2010 and replaced the old Metrodome.
Frequently Asked Questions About Minnesota Twins Tickets
How much are Minnesota Twins tickets?
Twins ticket prices on the secondary market can vary depending on a number of factors. Typically, Twins tickets can be found for as low as $5.00, with an average price of $51.00.
How to get cheap Twins tickets?
If you’re looking for cheap Twins tickets, tickets can be found for as low as $5.00. Additionally, once you click on your preferred event date, use the “sort by price” button located in the top left hand corner of the event page to sort all available Twins tickets by cheapest tickets available.
Where do the Minnesota Twins play?
The Twins home games are played at Target Field in Minneapolis, MN.
What teams are in the Minnesota Twins division?
Do I need to print my Twins tickets?
As of 2019, all MLB teams offer mobile ticketing methods but some teams still allow print-at-home tickets. Currently, the Twins accept print and mobile tickets to gain entry into Target Field.
Does my child need a ticket for Twins games?
Each MLB team has their own child ticket policy. Some teams have age requirements and others have restrictions on height. The Twins ticket policy states all children under 30 inches tall are free.
When do the Twins play the Yankees?
All upcoming dates for this matchup, should there be any, can be found on our Twins vs. Yankees tickets page.
Minnesota Twins schedule
The Twins schedule is typically released in August, though the MLB will continue to announce games through the middle of January. See above for all Twins games, home and away.
How to buy Minnesota Twins tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Minnesota Twins tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Minnesota Twins tickets to find a show you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and show time, click on the button on the right hand side of the event to see all available tickets for that show.
- Next, explore all available Minnesota Twins tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the top of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To buy Minnesota Twins tickets, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Minnesota Twins tickets.
Twins fandom stretches far beyond Minnesota borders
According to an analysis of SeatGeek data, the Twins are the most popular baseball team in 186 U.S. counties, fifth-most across all MLB teams. The Twins control 85 counties in their home state -- all except for Winona County and Houston County on the Wisconsin border, which are both Brewers territory.
In addition to Minnesota, Twins fandom stretches across another 160 counties in Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan -- eight states in total. Only the Braves are the top team in at least one county in more states (nine total states).
Additional findings in our data include:
- The Braves, with strong support across the southeastern U.S., are the most popular team in 515 counties -- most in the MLB
- The Mariners, who control Alaska and much of the Pacific Northwest, are the team that covers the greatest land area
- The Braves are also in control of the most “out of state counties” with 360, followed by the Royals (223) and Cardinals (205)
- Baseball allegiance in Pennsylvania is split among seven teams, more than any other state
For a look at additional data and trends, you can find our full blog post on MLB fandom here.
Minnesota Twins Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|
July 30, 2018
5 Tips: How To Get Cheap Minnesota Twins Tickets
*Use code TBA10MLB for $10 off your purchase of $50 or more* Getting your hands on Minnesota Twins tickets shouldn’t mean blowing your entire summer savings. Use these 5 helpful tips to save money on Twins tickets this summer. #1. Consider The Day Of The Week It’s no secret that weekend tickets can sometimes be more expensive.…