- Find tickets from 11 dollars to Cleveland Cavaliers at New Orleans Pelicans on Friday February 28 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 83 dollars to Los Angeles Lakers at New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday March 1 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 7 dollars to Minnesota Timberwolves at New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday March 3 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 20 dollars to Miami Heat at New Orleans Pelicans on Friday March 6 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 10 dollars to Atlanta Hawks at New Orleans Pelicans on Monday March 16 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 7 dollars to San Antonio Spurs at New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday March 18 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 10 dollars to Sacramento Kings at New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday March 22 at 6:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 8 dollars to Memphis Grizzlies at New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday March 24 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 12 dollars to New York Knicks at New Orleans Pelicans on Friday March 27 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 6 dollars to Charlotte Hornets at New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday April 7 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 6 dollars to Phoenix Suns at New Orleans Pelicans on Thursday April 9 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 19 dollars to Philadelphia 76ers at New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday April 11 at 6:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
- Find tickets from 7 dollars to Washington Wizards at New Orleans Pelicans on Monday April 13 at 7:00 pm at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA
New Orleans Pelicans Details
The Pelicans moved from Charlotte to New Orleans in 2002, and NBA basketball returned to the city for the first time since the New Orleans Jazz relocated to Utah at the end of the 1970s. The Pelicans originally kept their previous name, the Hornets, after they moved. The New Orleans Hornets made the playoffs in their first two years back in Louisiana.
Because of damage to their arena and surrounding floods following Hurricane Katrina, the Hornets were forced to play most of the 2005-06 and 2006-07 in Oklahoma City, and the team called itself the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets. They moved back to New Orleans full time for the 2007-08 season, and the Pelicans currently play at the Smoothie King Center.
For the 2013-14 season, the team changed its name to the New Orleans Pelicans, after the state bird of Louisiana. In the meantime, a new team—the Bobcats—had formed in Charlotte. The Bobcats reassumed the Hornets’ name and the history of the original franchise when it was located in Charlotte from 1988-2002). The NBA officially recognizes the Pelicans as having formed in 2002, when the team moved to New Orleans.
New Orleans Pelicans schedule
The Pelicans play their games from late October into the month of April each season, with potential postseason games running from April until June. The NBA schedule is generally released the August before the start of the season, at which point the exact dates of games are revealed.
Frequently Asked Questions About New Orleans Pelicans Tickets
How much are New Orleans Pelicans tickets?
Pelicans ticket prices on the secondary market can vary depending on a number of factors. Typically, Pelicans tickets can be found for as low as $10.00, with an average price of $48.00.
How to get cheap New Orleans Pelicans tickets?
If you’re looking for cheap Pelicans tickets, tickets can be found for as low as $10.00. Additionally, once you click on your preferred event date, use the “sort by price” button located in the top left hand corner of the event page to sort all available Pelicans tickets by cheapest tickets available.
Where do New Orleans Pelicans play?
The Pelicans home games are played at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA.
Do I need to print my New Orleans Pelicans tickets?
Print-at-home tickets are being discontinued for NBA games. New Orleans Pelicans are using mobile ticket entry to all games.
Does my child need a ticket for a New Orleans Pelicans game?
Each NBA team has their own child ticket policy. Some teams have age requirements and others have restrictions on height. The Pelicans policy states all children under 2 are free.
How to buy New Orleans Pelicans tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Pelicans tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Pelicans tickets to find a show you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and show time, click on the button on the right hand side of the event to see all available tickets for that show.
- Next, explore all available Pelicans tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the top of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To buy Pelicans tickets, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Pelicans tickets.
March 12, 2018
How Tom Benson Picked the Best Team Name in the NBA
It’s objectively hard to find a name less sexy than the Pelicans. Even the Hornets, their previous monicker, is somehow flashier than that. An insect. Pelicans are goofy looking birds with foot-long beaks and discolored wings. Their neck-skin protrudes from their throat and it jiggles as they move. But when new team owner Tom Benson…
February 21, 2018
Five Ways the Pelicans Could Become a Championship Contender
It’s hard not to feel for the New Orleans Pelicans. They rep one of the NBA’s most exciting cities. They have one of the top five players in the NBA. They even hosted the All-Star game last year! And yet when discussing an NBA championship, they're rarely considered contenders. But there are ways, Pels fans,…
October 13, 2017
The Six Most Exciting NBA Teams to See for Under $50
Good seats for under $50 are usually synonymous with bad or boring play, but for these six NBA teams a great night of basketball comes on the cheap. #1. Denver Nuggets Two words: Nikola Jokic. From Sombor, Serbia, Jokic has quietly transformed into the best big man passer in the NBA. His no-look dumps, crosscourt…