Bummer! Looks like there aren't any events
Check back another time
Other Upcoming Events Nearby
The fans have spoken
"We got PHENOMENAL seats for a low price. We're very satisfied with the service."
"Great prices and fast delivery on my tickets."
"Cheaper than other sites! Easy to use."
New York Islanders Details
Though the NHL already had a major presence in New York with the Rangers, the league worried about competition with the WHA and wanted to block its rival league from moving into the newly-built Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The NHL quickly granted the city an expansion team in the early 70s, and the New York Islanders played their first game in 1972.
The Isles finished in last place after their first season and had the first pick in the 1973 draft. Though they received many trade offers, the team refused to trade its #1 pick and used it to draft defenseman Denis Potvin. Potvin—a future hall of famer—played his whole career with the Islanders and was the captain of the Islanders’ championship teams.
Over the next few years, the Islanders started to build a roster that would become a dynasty. They drafted Bryan Trottier in 1974. In 1977, they drafted Mike Bossy. Bossy scored at least 50 goals in 9 straight seasons and is one of just a handful of NHL players who have scored 50 goals in 50 games.
In 1980, the Islanders defeated the Philadelphia Flyers in the Stanley Cup Final and won their first Stanley Cup. And the Islanders weren’t going to give up the Cup any time soon: they won the Stanley Cup in four consecutive seasons.
How to purchase New York Islanders tickets
SeatGeek is hands down the easiest way to find and buy New York Islanders tickets all season long.
- Explore the above list of Islanders games to find the perfect game and date. When you've decided on the event, the green button on the right side of the screen will take you to a display of all available tickets for that game.
- On the next screen, view all available tickets for the event. Using the filters at the bottom, tickets can be sorted by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks listings by value. Our interactive maps help fans find the perfect seat, and previews of the view from each section take the guesswork out of the buying process.
- Once you find the right ticket, click on the listing and you will be taken to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Your order will now be processed, and SeatGeek will deliver your tickets as soon as possible.
When do Islanders playoff tickets go on sale?
Should the Islanders make the playoffs, tickets will likely go on sale in April. If you'd like alerts on Islanders playoff tickets, sign up for a SeatGeek account.
New York Islanders schedule
While the team’s permanent home is being built in Belmont Park, the Islanders will split time between two arenas. They play 21 games in Brooklyn at Barclays Center, where the team had played full time since the 2014-15 season. The team will play its remaining home games at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, which was their original home up to 2014-15.
The Islanders open the 2018-19 season on the road. They play the Carolina Hurricanes on October 4, 2018. They play their first home game—at Barclays Center—against the Nashville Predators on October 6.
John Tavares, the Islanders’ former captain and #1 draft pick who left the team in free agency, will return for the first time when his Toronto Maple Leafs play the Islanders at Barclays Center on February 28, 2019. Tavares and the Leafs will come back for the Isles’ final home game of the season; they play on April 1 at Nassau Coliseum.
How much do Islanders tickets cost?
The Islanders are playing their 2018-19 home games in two different arenas: Barclays Center and Nassau Coliseum. Make sure you know which arena the event is at before you buy a ticket.
The average resale price for a ticket to an Islanders game is $56.
When do the Islanders play the Rangers?
The Islanders face their New York rivals four times during the 2018-19 regular season. The two teams will play at Barclays Center on November 15, 2018 and on January 12, 2019. The Islanders visit Madison Square Garden on November 21, 2018 and January 10, 2019.
New York Islanders Top Matchups
The New York Islanders have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Islanders vs. Hurricanes Tickets
- Islanders vs. Blue Jackets Tickets
- Islanders vs. Devils Tickets
- Islanders vs. Rangers Tickets
- Islanders vs. Flyers Tickets
- Islanders vs. Penguins Tickets
- Islanders vs. Capitals Tickets
- Islanders vs. Bruins Tickets
- Islanders vs. Sabres Tickets
- Islanders vs. Red Wings Tickets
- Islanders vs. Panthers Tickets
- Islanders vs. Canadiens Tickets
- Islanders vs. Senators Tickets
- Islanders vs. Lightning Tickets
- Islanders vs. Maple Leafs Tickets
New York Islanders Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|
December 8, 2017
The Best NHL Goalie Fights of All Time
While most sports are doing all they can to tone down the violence, the NHL is still going strong and allowing it’s players to throw down once in a while. Although it may be the norm to see players exchange some blows from time to time, it's a bit more rare when the goalies start…
August 7, 2017
The 10 Most Expensive Stadiums In Sports
Some of the most elaborate and impressive architecture in the nation belongs to sports stadiums, however with great architecture and huge seating capacities comes a large price tag. Here's a look at the top ten most expensive stadiums in the U.S., each with a price tag of one billion dollars or more. 10. Barclays Center,…
June 28, 2017
2017 NHL Schedule Highlights
Even though it’s only been a few weeks since the Penguins lifted their second consecutive Stanley Cup, it’s hard not to start looking towards October. Last week, the NHL released the schedule for 2017-18 and gave fans a first look at some of the biggest dates on the calendar. Flags Fly Forever The Penguins will,…