NHL Stanley Cup Finals Details
|All NHL Tickets|
|See all NHL tickets|
Stanley Cup Seating Info
Madison Square Garden Seating
Staples Center Seating
2014 Stanley Cup Ticket Details
Rangers Kings Prices by Game
|Stanley Cup Game||Average Price|
|Stanley Cup Game 1 Tickets: Rangers vs Kings||$545.21|
|Stanley Cup Game 2 Tickets: Rangers vs Kings||$774.50|
|Stanley Cup Game 3 Tickets: Kings vs Rangers||$1,590.46|
|Stanley Cup Game 4 Tickets: Kings vs Rangers||$1,652.31|
|Stanley Cup Game 5 Tickets: Rangers vs Kings||$1,020.79|
|Stanley Cup Game 6 Tickets: Kings vs Rangers||$1,847.70|
|Stanley Cup Game 7 Tickets: Rangers vs Kings||$1,318.70|
2014 Price Notes
- Game 3 and 4 in NY are the most expensive opening Finals games (meaning Games 1 and 2 or 3 and 4) we've recorded at any venue since we started tracking the resale market in the 2009-10 season. The previous high was set in Vancouver in 2011 at $858 per ticket for Games 1 and 2 of the Canucks-Bruins Finals. They're also easily the most expensive tickets we've seen for any event at Madison Square Garden. Game 3 tickets are averaging $1,696 each on the secondary market, and Game 4 tickets are going for $1,818 apiece, far exceeding the previous high of $1,026 per ticket for the 12.12.12 Concert for Sandy Relief.
- One of the most interesting, late-breaking developments in the market today is that the Kings have released face-value tickets for Game 1 as of this morning (including the cheap seats at $349 a pop and lowers in the corner for $629 each, before fees), but similar seats are actually available for less than face value on the secondary market! Those upper-level tickets start at $322 on SeatGeek, and you can grab two seats in Section 117, Row 15 (same $629 face value as those seats pulled on Ticketmaster) for $550.
- Meanwhile, there's absolutely no chance tickets are going to dip anywhere close to face value for Games 3, 4 and 6 at MSG. Most face values for the Rangers' home games ranged from $453 to $725; only rinkside seats and some lower-level seats with club access were originally priced higher than that (anywhere from $1,099 to $2,413 each). The current get-in prices of the three games at MSG -- these are for those upper-level tickets originally priced at $453 -- are $986 for Game 3, $1,069 for Game 4 and $1,686 for Game 6.
- By average ticket price, here's how each game of the series shakes out. You'll notice that prices for even the first two games at MSG exceed those for a possible Game 7 at Staples Center: Game 1 (LA): $644 Game 2 (LA): $799 Game 3 (NY): $1,696 Game 4 (NY): $1,818 Game 5 (LA): $1,071 Game 6 (NY): $2,296 Game 7 (NY): $1,349
- Another fun note on the market for the games at MSG: You can buy a 2014-15 season ticket at several NHL venues for less than the cost of one ticket to a Stanley Cup Finals game in New York. Looking to a couple of the Rangers' and Kings' neighbors for examples, Anaheim Ducks season tickets start at $720 for the full season, and you can lock in your seat to every Islanders home game for $742.50 ($16.50 per ticket x 45 home games, including preseason).
New York Rangers Price Trends
Interactive with the price comparison chart here >
Top 5 Games of Last Week (6/2/14 - 6/8/14)
As we come to the end of the NBA and NHL playoffs, the games are only getting better. Still, for those of you inclined to watch more than just the Big Four in sports, I've thrown in a little Roland Garros for you. #5. NBA Finals, Game 1 - Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs…Read more