- Find tickets from 58 dollars to Northwestern Wildcats at Wisconsin Badgers Football on Saturday September 28 at 11:00 am at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, WI
- Find tickets from 85 dollars to Northwestern Wildcats at Nebraska Cornhuskers Football on Saturday October 5 at 12:00 pm at Memorial Stadium Nebraska in Lincoln, NE
- Find tickets from 119 dollars to Ohio State Buckeyes at Northwestern Wildcats Football on Friday October 18 at 7:30 pm at Ryan Field in Evanston, IL
- Find tickets from 36 dollars to Iowa Hawkeyes at Northwestern Wildcats Football on Saturday October 26 at 11:00 am at Ryan Field in Evanston, IL
- Find tickets from 17 dollars to Northwestern Wildcats at Indiana Hoosiers Football on Saturday November 2 at 12:00 pm at Memorial Stadium Indiana in Bloomington, IN
- Find tickets from 7 dollars to Purdue Boilermakers at Northwestern Wildcats Football on Saturday November 9 at 12:00 pm at Ryan Field in Evanston, IL
- Find tickets from 2 dollars to UMass Minutemen at Northwestern Wildcats Football on Saturday November 16 at 12:00 pm at Ryan Field in Evanston, IL
- Find tickets from 2 dollars to Minnesota Golden Gophers at Northwestern Wildcats Football on Saturday November 23 at 12:00 pm at Ryan Field in Evanston, IL
- Find tickets from 10 dollars to Northwestern Wildcats at Illinois Fighting Illini Football on Saturday November 30 at 12:00 pm at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, IL
Northwestern Wildcats Football Details
The origins of the Northwestern football program date back to 1876 despite the fact that the school did not play an intercollegiate game until 1882. On February 22, 1876, a group of students played a friendly game against the Chicago Football Club, so from then until 1882 when the Wildcats finally faced off against Lake Forest College, football was just an intramural sport.
In the early years, the team operated as an independent. But in 1896 they became a charter members of what would eventually become the Big Ten (initially called the Western Conference).
The name ‘Wildcats’ stuck after a reporter referred to the team as a ‘wall of purple wildcats’ in the Chicago Tribune in 1924.
Northwestern administrators suspended the program for a couple of years because of the perceived brutality of football at the time. But once the Wildcats were given the green-light to play, they took home four conference titles from 1926-1936.
Fans at Ryan Field (formerly Dyche Stadium; located in Evanston, Illinois) did not have much to be excited about until Gary Barnett took over the program almost sixty years later. It took him a few years to foster a winning squad, but in 1995 he guided the team to an undefeated conference record and a trip to the Rose Bowl. The Wildcats won the conference both that year and the next, while tied for first in the nation.
Their last conference title came in 2000 in Randy Walker’s second year in charge of the program. Former NU linebacker Pat Fitzgerald has since taken the reigns as head coach for the ‘Cats, who put an exciting team on the field each and every fall in beautiful Evanston, IL.
How to purchase Northwestern Wildcats tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Northwestern Wildcats tickets.
- Browse Wildcats listings to find a game you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and matchup, click on the green button on the right hand side of the screen to see all available tickets for that game.
- Next, explore all available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the bottom of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To purchase a ticket, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Northwestern Wildcats tickets.
Northwestern Wildcats schedule
For upcoming games and additional information, explore SeatGeek's Wildcats Tickets page. The 2018 Wildcats regular season begins September 1st and ends November 24th.
How much do Northwestern Wildcats tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the largest variety of tickets on the web, offering Northwestern Wildcats tickets for all fans at every price point. Ticket prices can vary based on the matchup, and therefore prices may change depending on the opponent. Typically, Wildcats tickets start at about $4, but could reach up to $79 for bigger games.
When do Northwestern Wildcats postseason tickets go on sale?
Big Ten Championship and bowl game tickets are already on sale! If the Northwestern Wildcats make the Big Ten Championship or a bowl game, SeatGeek is the place to go. Sign up for an account so you can get alerts about Wildcats postseason tickets!
When does Northwestern play Notre Dame?
This 2018 season, the Wildcats will face off against the Fighting Irish on November 3rd at Ryan Field in Evanston, IL.
Northwestern Wildcats Football Top Matchups
Northwestern Wildcats Football Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|