- Find tickets from 43 dollars to Preseason: Buffalo Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday September 16 at 7:00 pm at Pegula Ice Arena in University Park, PA
- Find tickets from 8 dollars to Preseason: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday September 19 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 21 dollars to Preseason: Pittsburgh Penguins at Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday September 21 at 2:00 pm at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 11 dollars to Preseason: Pittsburgh Penguins at Detroit Red Wings on Sunday September 22 at 5:00 pm at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI
- Find tickets from 7 dollars to Preseason: Detroit Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday September 25 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 53 dollars to Preseason: Buffalo Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday September 28 at 3:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 58 dollars to Buffalo Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday October 3 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 57 dollars to Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday October 5 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 28 dollars to Winnipeg Jets at Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday October 8 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 31 dollars to Anaheim Ducks at Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday October 10 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 109 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at Minnesota Wild on Saturday October 12 at 7:00 pm at Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN
- Find tickets from 128 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at Winnipeg Jets on Sunday October 13 at 6:00 pm at Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, Canada
- Find tickets from 28 dollars to Colorado Avalanche at Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday October 16 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 44 dollars to Dallas Stars at Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday October 18 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 77 dollars to Vegas Golden Knights at Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday October 19 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 24 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at Florida Panthers on Tuesday October 22 at 7:00 pm at BB&T Center in Sunrise, FL
- Find tickets from 41 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday October 23 at 8:00 pm at Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL
- Find tickets from 69 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at Dallas Stars on Saturday October 26 at 7:00 pm at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 51 dollars to Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday October 29 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 64 dollars to Edmonton Oilers at Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday November 2 at 1:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 74 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston Bruins on Monday November 4 at 7:00 pm at TD Garden in Boston, MA
- Find tickets from 21 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Islanders on Thursday November 7 at 7:00 pm at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY
- Find tickets from 65 dollars to Chicago Blackhawks at Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday November 9 at 7:00 pm at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
- Find tickets from 75 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers on Tuesday November 12 at 7:00 pm at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY
- Find tickets from 71 dollars to Pittsburgh Penguins at New Jersey Devils on Friday November 15 at 7:00 pm at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ
The fans have spoken
"Great seats at a great price. Purchasing and receiving the Etickets was easy and fast."
"Quick and easy compared to the other ticket sites."
"Easy to pick seats, everything was smooth, would definitely purchase from SeatGeek again!"
Pittsburgh Penguins Details
The Penguins were one of six teams that joined the NHL when the league first expanded in 1967. The team made the playoffs a few times in the 1970s but struggled financially. Things started to change in Pittsburgh after the Penguins drafted Mario Lemieux with the first overall pick in the 1984 draft.
Even with Lemieux, who is widely regarded as one of the best to ever play the game, the Penguins failed to make the playoffs in Lemieux's first four seasons. By the 1990-91 season, the team began to build seriously around Lemieux. Players like Mark Recchi, Paul Coffey, Bryan Trottier, and Ron Francis played major roles during the season while Lemieux was limited to just 26 games. The 90-91 season was also the rookie year for Jaromir Jagr, who would go on to have one of the longest and most prolific careers in NHL history. A healthy Lemieux returned for the playoffs, and he was nearly unstoppable. “Super Mario” scored 44 points in just 23 games, and the Penguins won their first Stanley Cup.
In the following season, Lemieux led the NHL in points even though he only played in 64 games. The Penguins reached the Stanley Cup Final again in 1992 and swept the Chicago Blackhawks to win their second Stanley Cup.
Lemieux’s career was tragically limited by injuries and health problems, including a battle with cancer. He ultimately played in fewer than 1000 games, but his points per game totals still rivaled Wayne Gretzky’s. Eventually, Lemieux helped to save the Penguins from bankruptcy and became the team’s principal owner.
After the NHL lockout cancelled the 2004-05 season, the Penguins won the draft lottery and selected Sidney Crosby with the first overall pick. Crosby helped to quickly revitalize hockey in Pittsburgh. Joined by players like Evgeni Malkin and Marc Andre Fleury, Crosby led the Penguins to the Stanley Cup Final in 2008 and then to a championship in 2009.
Crosby and the Penguins continued to make the playoffs each year but failed to reach the Stanley Cup Final again for some time. This changed when the Penguins acquired Phil Kessel from Toronto, adding to an already deep set of forwards. The Penguins then won their second set of back to back Stanley Cups in 2016 and 2017.
How to purchase Pittsburgh Penguins tickets
SeatGeek is hands down the easiest way to find and buy Pittsburgh Penguins tickets all season long.
- Explore the above list of Penguins] games to find the perfect game and date. When you've decided on the event, the green button on the right side of the screen will take you to a display of all available tickets for that game.
- On the next screen, view all available tickets for the event. Using the filters at the bottom, tickets can be sorted by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks listings by value. Our interactive maps help fans find the perfect seat, and previews of the view from each section take the guesswork out of the buying process.
- Once you find the right ticket, click on the listing and you will be taken to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Your order will now be processed, and SeatGeek will deliver your tickets as soon as possible.
When do Penguins playoff tickets go on sale?
Should the Penguins make the playoffs, tickets will likely go on sale in April. If you'd like alerts on Penguins playoff tickets, sign up for a SeatGeek account.
Pittsburgh Penguins schedule
The Penguins open the 2018-19 season at home against the defending Stanley Cup champions. They face the Washington Capitals on October 4, 2018. The Penguins were defeated by the Capitals in the second round of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
On April 6, 2019, the Penguins will play their final game of the regular season at home against the New York Rangers.
How much do Penguins tickets cost?
The Penguins play at PPG Paints Arena, and the average resale price for a ticket to see a Penguins game there is $111.
When do the Penguins play the Flyers?
The NHL’s two Pennsylvania teams have one of the league’s most heated rivalries. They play each other four times during the 2018-19 season.
On February 11, 2019, the Flyers and Penguins will play outdoors at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia for the second game in their Stadium Series. The first game was held at Heinz Field in 2017—the Penguins won 4-2.
The two teams will play one more game in Philadelphia—indoors this time—on February 23.
Pittsburgh Penguins Top Matchups
The Pittsburgh Penguins have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Penguins vs. Hurricanes Tickets
- Penguins vs. Blue Jackets Tickets
- Penguins vs. Devils Tickets
- Penguins vs. Islanders Tickets
- Penguins vs. Rangers Tickets
- Penguins vs. Flyers Tickets
- Penguins vs. Capitals Tickets
- Penguins vs. Bruins Tickets
- Penguins vs. Sabres Tickets
- Penguins vs. Red Wings Tickets
- Penguins vs. Panthers Tickets
- Penguins vs. Canadiens Tickets
- Penguins vs. Senators Tickets
- Penguins vs. Lightning Tickets
- Penguins vs. Maple Leafs Tickets
Pittsburgh Penguins Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|
March 7, 2018
Stanley Cup Playoffs 2018: Preview & Predictions
It’s hard to believe, but the NHL season is just a couple weeks away from wrapping up. It’s been a wild year filled with unexpected successes and devastating failures. A brand-new expansion team will make the playoffs while a Midwestern dynasty will not. We’ll get into everything you need to know, and we’ll do it…
December 13, 2017
How the Pittsburgh Penguins Can Win a Third Straight Stanley Cup
From 1956-1960, the Montreal Canadiens won five straight Stanley Cup championships. The Toronto Maple Leafs won three straight from 1962-64. The Canadiens won four straight from ’76-79 and were immediately followed up by four straight from the 1980-84 New York Islanders. Since then, no team has hoisted Lord Stanley’s Cup more than two years in…
June 12, 2017
Led by Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins Repeat as Stanley Cup Champs
During the first week of April, before the playoffs even began, the Pittsburgh Penguins announced that star defenseman Kris Letang would miss the entire postseason due to a herniated disk. After the announcement, many pundits assumed that the chances of a repeat Stanley Cup win were out of the question. Clearly, the Penguins and captain…