Upcoming Events Near Ashburn, VA
Apr 27, Fri TBD - Capital One Arena
Apr 26, Thu 7:00 pm - Capital One Arena
Sacramento Kings Details
Though the Kings have only played in Sacramento since 1985, the team has been around for much longer. The franchise began in 1923—predating the NBA—as the Rochester Seagrams and won an NBA Championship in 1951 as the Rochester Royals. The Royals moved to Cincinnati in 1957 and then to Kansas City in 1972, where they changed their name to the Kings. The Kings currently play at Sacramento’s Golden 1 Center, which opened at the start of the 2016-17 season.
Despite their long history, the Kings have only won a single NBA championship and have only played in one NBA finals series. The Kings’ best seasons in Sacramento came in 2002 and 2003 when players Mike Bibby, Scott Pollard, and Chris Webber led the Kings to two Pacific Division titles and a Western Conference Finals series in 2002. You probably don’t want to mention those 2002 finals to a Kings fan, though—the Kings took their division rivals, the LA Lakers, to a seventh game but lost after referees awarded the Lakers an incredible 27 free throw opportunities in the fourth quarter. A league review determined that, although the officiating was poor, there was no evidence the game was fixed.
The Kings have not made the playoffs since the 2005-06 season; their 11 season drought is the second longest in the NBA. The rebuilding Kings traded their biggest star, DeMarcus Cousins last season for 23-year-old Buddy Heid and draft picks. The Kings continued to trend toward youth with three picks in the 2017 draft. They selected De’Aaron Fox, a point guard, with the 5th overall pick (acquired from the Sixers), and they selected Justin Jackson and Harry Giles with draft picks they acquired from Portland. In addition to all of Sacramento’s incoming and returning young players, future Hall of Famer Vince Carter will also suit up for the Kings—the team signed the 40-year-old to a one year deal this offseason. Coach Dave Joerger will head the rebuild in his second season with the Kings.
How to purchase Sacramento Kings tickets
Find the right seat, right now. SeatGeek offers the best way to buy Sacramento Kings tickets.
- The list above displays all upcoming Kings games. Once you find the game you'd like to attend, clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen will take you to a SeatGeek event page, which displays all available tickets.
- On this page, browse available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. The filters at the bottom can sort tickets by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks tickets by value, scoring each listing to tell you exactly how good of a deal you are getting. Explore SeatGeek's best-in-class maps to find your favorite seating section, and use our View From Seat feature to see precisely what your view will look like before buying.
- When you are ready to buy a ticket, click on the listing, and you will be directed to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Upon completion of the information fields, your order will be processed and tickets will be delivered via email or to your mobile device.
When do Kings playoff tickets go on sale?
NBA playoff tickets typically go on sale in April. To get alerts on Kings playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for a SeatGeek account.
Sacramento Kings schedule
Browse the listings above to see all upcoming games, and visit the Kings Schedule page. The regular season starts October 18, 2017, and ends April 11, 2018.
How much do Kings tickets cost?
There are ticket options for every fan at every price point on SeatGeek. Kings tickets typically cost $20 and up. For more information about Kings ticket prices, visit the Kings Ticket Prices page.
When do the Kings play the Lakers?
Kings-Lakers takes place on November 22 and February 24 in Sacramento and January 9 and April 1 in Los Angeles. See our Kings vs. Lakers matchup page for more information.
Sacramento Kings Top Matchups
The Sacramento Kings have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Kings vs. Warriors Tickets
- Kings vs. Clippers Tickets
- Kings vs. Lakers Tickets
- Kings vs. Suns Tickets
- Kings vs. Bulls Tickets
- Kings vs. Cavaliers Tickets
- Kings vs. Pistons Tickets
- Kings vs. Pacers Tickets
- Kings vs. Bucks Tickets
- Kings vs. Mavericks Tickets
- Kings vs. Rockets Tickets
- Kings vs. Grizzlies Tickets
- Kings vs. Pelicans Tickets
- Kings vs. Spurs Tickets