- Find tickets to School of Rock (The Musical) - Los Angeles on date to be announced at Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, CA
School of Rock (The Musical) Details
Over the course of his career, musical composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has put together a catalog of shows that, at least commercially, is paralleled by none. For anyone else, a show like Jesus Christ Superstar, Cats or The Phantom of the Opera would serve as a career-defining achievement. For Lloyd Webber, each is yet another one of his hits. And while each of the aforementioned shows was written before 1990, Lloyd Webber continues to do some of his best work today. He has proven as much with School of Rock, a musical adaptation of the popular 2003 Richard Linklater film of the same name. School of Rock chronicles the tale of Dewey Finn, a failed rock musician who, more or less, lies his way into a role as a long-term substitute teacher at an elite private school. Dewey slowly teaches his uptight students to loosen up a bit through rock ‘n’ roll, and a great time is had by all—both onstage and off.
School of Rock debuted on Broadway at the Winter Garden Theatre in December 2015 to enthusiastic responses from audiences and critics alike. “Andrew Lloyd Webber has entered his second childhood, and it turns out to be a good career move,” Ben Brantley wrote for the New York Times, giving the show a Critic’s Pick designation. “This show...is his friskiest in decades.” School of Rock stars Eric Petersen (Peter and the Starcatcher) as Dewey and Jenn Gambatese (Tarzan) as his love interest, the strict principal Rosalie Mullins. School of Rock will also tour the United States starting in September 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions About School of Rock the Musical
What is the recommended age for School of Rock on Broadway?
Most shows will have both a recommended age limit and minimum age requirements. Generally, children under the age of 4 are not permitted at Broadway shows. School of Rock is intended for ages 8 and up.
How long is School of Rock the Musical?
School of Rock is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, including one intermission.
Who was in the original cast of School of Rock Broadway?
The original cast of School of Rock Broadway includes:
Character Cast Dewey Finn Alex Brightman Rosalie Mullins Sierra Boggess Ned Schneebly Spencer Moses Patty Di Marco Mamie Parris Shonelle Taylor Caldwell Katie Evie Dolan James Jersey Sullivan Sophie Corinne Wilson Marcy Carly Gendell Mason Ethan Khusidman Freddy Dante Melucci Tomika Bobbi Mackenzie Zack Brandon Niederauer Billy Luca Padovan Lawrence Jared Parker Summer Isabella Russo Madison/Matthew Shahadi Wright Joseph
How to Buy School of Rock Broadway Tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy School of Rock Broadway Tickets.
- Browse the above listings of School of Rock Broadway tickets to find a show you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and show time, click on the button on the right hand side of the event to see all available tickets for that show.
- Next, explore all available School of Rock Broadway tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the top of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To buy School of Rock Broadway tickets, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your School of Rock Broadway tickets.