St. Louis Cardinals Details
The Cardinals have played in the National League since 1892. They were called the St. Louis Browns for their first 15 NL seasons and spent 1899 as the St. Louis Perfectos before they became the Cardinals in 1900.
Based on total World Series wins, the Cardinals are the most successful team in the National League. Their 11 World Series titles are more than any other NL team and second only to the New York Yankees. The Cardinals’ most recent World Series title came in 2011, after a Game 7 victory over the Texas Rangers. In addition to their 11 World Series wins, the Cardinals have also won 19 NL Pennants.
The Cardinals played a major role in fueling baseball’s popularity during the 1990s. Cardinals’ first baseman Mark McGwire was part of a two-player race to beat Roger Maris’s long-standing, single-season record of 61 home runs. Sammy Sosa, the other central figure in the race, played for the Chicago Cubs — the Cardinals’ biggest rivals. Though both players ultimately broke Maris’s record, it was McGwire who “won” the race: he hit his 62nd home run of the season against Sammy Sosa and the Chicago Cubs (coming into the game, Sosa had 58 home runs). McGwire finished the season with 70 home runs, which set a major league record that has since been broken by Barry Bonds.
The Cardinals’ home ballpark is Busch Stadium.
Frequently Asked Questions About St. Louis Cardinals Tickets
How much are St. Louis Cardinals tickets?
Cardinals ticket prices on the secondary market can vary depending on a number of factors. Typically, Cardinals tickets can be found for as low as $25.00, with an average price of $57.00.
How to get cheap Cardinals tickets?
If you’re looking for cheap Cardinals tickets, tickets can be found for as low as $25.00. Additionally, once you click on your preferred event date, use the “sort by price” button located in the top left hand corner of the event page to sort all available Cardinals tickets by cheapest tickets available.
Where do the St. Louis Cardinals play?
The Cardinals home games are played at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, MO.
What teams are in the St. Louis Cardinals division?
Do I need to print my Cardinals tickets?
As of 2019, all MLB teams offer mobile ticketing methods but some teams still allow print-at-home tickets. Currently, the Cardinals accept mobile only tickets to gain entry into Busch Stadium.
Does my child need a ticket for Cardinals games?
Each MLB team has their own child ticket policy. Some teams have age requirements and others have restrictions on height. The Cardinals ticket policy states all children 3 and under are free.
When do the Cardinals play the Cubs?
For a list of upcoming matchups between these two rivals, please visit our Cardinals vs. Cubs page.
St. Louis Cardinals schedule
The Cardinals schedule is typically released in August, though the MLB will continue to announce games through the middle of January. See above for all Cardinals games, home and away.
How to buy St. Louis Cardinals tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy St. Louis Cardinals tickets.
- Browse the above listings of St. Louis Cardinals tickets to find a show you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and show time, click on the button on the right hand side of the event to see all available tickets for that show.
- Next, explore all available St. Louis Cardinals tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the top of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To buy St. Louis Cardinals tickets, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your St. Louis Cardinals tickets.
Cardinals fandom extends far beyond the Missouri borders
Based on an analysis of SeatGeek data published prior to the 2019 MLB season, Cardinals "fandom" covers 286 total counties, making them one of the most popular teams in the country. Only the Braves (515) and Rangers (287) were the most popular team in more counties.
The Cardinals also rank in the top three for most out-of-state counties, with 205 of those 286 counties located in states that are not Missouri. The Braves (360) and Royals (223) take the top two spots in this category.
Additional findings in our data include:
- The Braves, with strong support across the southeastern U.S., are the most popular team in 515 counties -- most in the MLB
- The Mariners, who control Alaska and much of the Pacific Northwest, are the team that covers the greatest land area
- The Braves are also in control of the most “out of state counties” with 360, followed by the Royals (223) and Cardinals (205)
- Baseball allegiance in Pennsylvania is split among seven teams, more than any other state
For a look at additional data and trends, you can find our full blog post on MLB fandom here.
St. Louis Cardinals Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|
August 2, 2018
5 Ways To Get Cheap St. Louis Cardinals Tickets
*Use code TBA10MLB for $10 off your purchase of $50 or more* Don’t want to overspend on St. Louis Cardinals tickets? Understandable as no one wants to blow their summer savings to see their favorite sports team in action. Here are the top 5 ways to save money on Cardinals tickets this summer. #1. Head to a…
May 21, 2018
Last Week in Sports (5/14 - 5/20)
The NBA and NHL championships are nearly upon us, so load up on bar fodder with last week in sports! Vegas Golden Knights Advance The Vegas Golden Knights are going to the Stanley Cup. Few could have imagined that an expansion team would achieve such success, a feat that hasn’t been accomplished since St. Louis…