Tampa Bay Lightning Details
It was a rough 2016-17 for the Tampa Bay Lightning, who finished 5th in the Atlantic Division with 94 points. Captain and leading scorer Steven Stamkos went down with a season-ending injury after just 17 games, sending the Lightning into a tailspin for much of the season. The offense suffered, as did the defense. Yet, despite all of the issues, the Jon Cooper-coached squad was just a single point out of the Wild Card, losing the spot to the Toronto Maple Leafs. The team made a couple of solid trade deadline moves that set them up for a successful 2017-18 season, including trading for goaltender Peter Budaj, who filled in nicely for the Los Angeles Kings. 20-year-old center Brayden Point made strides last year, finishing the season with 18 goals and 22 assists. Tyler Johnson struggled at times to fill the shoes of Steven Stamkos on the team’s top line, but he still finished the year with 19 goals and 26 assists.
2017-18 is already looking promising for the team’s young core of players. Stamkos is on track to return for the beginning of the season and right wing Nikita Kucherov is coming off his best season by far. In 74 games, he tallied 40 goals and 45 assists. Also expect another great year from Jonathan Drouin, who finished the year with 53 points in 73 games. With another season on the horizon, the fans of Amalie Arena will be expecting a much better performance from a Lightning team that can hopefully stay healthy. That performance certainly hinges on the return of superstar Steven Stamkos.
How to purchase Tampa Bay Lightning tickets
Find the right seat, right now. SeatGeek offers the best way to buy Tampa Bay Lightning tickets.
- The list above displays all upcoming Lightning games. Once you find the game you'd like to attend, clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen will take you to a SeatGeek event page, which displays all available tickets.
- On this page, browse available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. The filters at the bottom can sort tickets by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks tickets by value, scoring each listing to tell you exactly how good of a deal you are getting. Explore SeatGeek's best-in-class maps to find your favorite seating section, and use our View From Seat feature to see precisely what your view will look like before buying.
- When you are ready to buy a ticket, click on the listing, and you will be directed to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Upon completion of the information fields, your order will be processed and tickets will be delivered via email or to your mobile device.
When do Lightning playoff tickets go on sale?
NHL playoff tickets typically go on sale in April. To get alerts on Lightning playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for a SeatGeek account.
Tampa Bay Lightning schedule
Browse the listings above to see all upcoming games, and visit the Lightning Schedule page. The regular season starts October 6, 2017, and ends April 7, 2018.
How much do Lightning tickets cost?
There are ticket options for every fan at every price point on SeatGeek. Lightning tickets typically cost $22 and up. For more information about Lightning ticket prices, visit the ticket prices page.
When do the Lightning play the Panthers?
This season, the Lightning play the Panthers January 5 in Tampa. Visit our Lightning vs. Panthers matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Tampa Bay Lightning Top Matchups
The Tampa Bay Lightning have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Lightning vs. Bruins Tickets
- Lightning vs. Sabres Tickets
- Lightning vs. Red Wings Tickets
- Lightning vs. Panthers Tickets
- Lightning vs. Canadiens Tickets
- Lightning vs. Senators Tickets
- Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Tickets
- Lightning vs. Hurricanes Tickets
- Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Tickets
- Lightning vs. Devils Tickets
- Lightning vs. Islanders Tickets
- Lightning vs. Rangers Tickets
- Lightning vs. Flyers Tickets
- Lightning vs. Penguins Tickets
- Lightning vs. Capitals Tickets