Tampa Bay Rays Details
Tampa Bay Rays
The Rays joined the American League in 1998, and along with the Arizona Diamondbacks – who joined the NL at the same time — are the youngest franchise in Major League Baseball. The team was originally called the Devil Rays, but the team dropped “Devil” from its name before the 2008 season.
The “Devil” moniker must have been bad luck for Tampa Bay: the Devil Rays finished last in the AL East in all but one season (2004, when they finished next-to-last). But in the Rays’ debut season with their shorter name, the club won the AL East for the first time and made its first appearance in the playoffs. The Rays faced the Boston Red Sox, the defending World Series champions, in the 2008 ALCS. The two teams combined to hit 26 home runs, more than in any other league championship series. Rays third baseman Evan Longoria led with four home runs in the series, and the Rays won the AL Pennant. They faced the Philadelphia Phillies in the 2008 World Series but lost in five games.
Since their defeat in the World Series, the Rays have made three more appearances in the playoffs. They won the AL East again in 2010 and earned a wild card spot in 2011 and 2013.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tampa Bay Rays Tickets
How much are Tampa Bay Rays tickets?
Rays ticket prices on the secondary market can vary depending on a number of factors. Typically, Rays tickets can be found for as low as $5.00, with an average price of $45.00.
How to get cheap Rays tickets?
If you’re looking for cheap Rays tickets, tickets can be found for as low as $5.00. Additionally, once you click on your preferred event date, use the “sort by price” button located in the top left hand corner of the event page to sort all available Rays tickets by cheapest tickets available.
Where do the Tampa Bay Rays play?
The Rays home games are played at Tropicana Field in Saint Petersburg, FL.
What teams are in the Tampa Bay Rays division?
Do I need to print my Rays tickets?
As of 2019, all MLB teams offer mobile ticketing methods but some teams still allow print-at-home tickets. Currently, the Rays accept print and mobile tickets to gain entry into Tropicana Field.
Does my child need a ticket for Rays games?
Each MLB team has their own child ticket policy. Some teams have age requirements and others have restrictions on height. The Rays ticket policy states all children 2 and under are free.
Tampa Bay Rays schedule
The Rays schedule is typically released in August, though the MLB will continue to announce games through the middle of January. See above for all Rays games, home and away.
How to buy Tampa Bay Rays tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Tampa Bay Rays tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Tampa Bay Rays tickets to find a show you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and show time, click on the button on the right hand side of the event to see all available tickets for that show.
- Next, explore all available Tampa Bay Rays tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the top of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To buy Tampa Bay Rays tickets, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Tampa Bay Rays tickets.
The Rays are winning the battle for Florida baseball fandom
As the top team in 34 Florida counties -- more than any other MLB team -- the Rays are currently winning the battle for Florida baseball fandom, according to a 2019 SeatGeek analysis. The Braves, a team with a following that covers much of the U.S. southeast, are second in Florida as the team with the most shopped-for tickets in 22 counties. The Marlins are the top team in eleven total FL counties, all located in South Florida.
Rays fandom extends north into four additional out-of-state counties, all located in southeast Georgia just north of Jacksonville.
Additional findings in our data include:
- The Braves, with strong support across the southeastern U.S., are the most popular team in 515 counties -- most in the MLB
- The Mariners, who control Alaska and much of the Pacific Northwest, are the team that covers the greatest land area
- The Braves are also in control of the most “out of state counties” with 360, followed by the Royals (223) and Cardinals (205)
- Baseball allegiance in Pennsylvania is split among seven teams, more than any other state
For a look at additional data and trends, you can find our full blog post on MLB fandom here.
Tampa Bay Rays Ticket Prices
|Season||Location||Average Ticket Price|
July 30, 2018
5 Tips: How To Get Cheap Tampa Bay Rays Tickets
*Use code TBA10MLB for $10 off your purchase of $50 or more* Tampa Bay Rays tickets can get pricey. That doesn’t mean you have to blow your summer savings just to catch a game. Here are 5 helpful tips to save money on Rays tickets this summer. #1. Check Out a Weekday Game With baseball fans more…