Korpiklaani Take Their Folk-Metal Act Out On Tour
Folk-metal band Korpiklaani (that’s right – FOLK METAL) have announced a headlining tour of Europe slated for early next year. The tour is in support of their latest album, Manala, which was released in August of this year, and translates to “underworld” in English. The Finnish rockers will kick things off on January 30, with a performance in Essen, Germany, at Turock. They will make several steps through the UK, France and Italy, before wrapping things up with a show in Ingolstadt on February 23. Estonian fellow folk metallers Metsatoll will be joining the tour as the supporting acts.
Since their formation in 2003, Korpiklaani has released eight full-length studio albums. Their style is conventional folk-metal mixed with folk/thrash vocals, rather than yoiking (a traditional Finnish-folk style of singing). In Finnish, the word Korpiklaani means “Forest Clan.” Band founder Jonne Järvelä has said in Finland, their music is seen as “old people’s music with heavy metal guitars.” Seems like a fitting description! Find out for yourself when Korpiklaani heads out on tour next year.
Korpiklaani Concert Tickets 2013
- Tickets Markthalle Hamburg – Hamburg, Germany
- Tickets Transbordeur – Lyon, France
- Tickets Rocking Chair – Vevey, Switzerland
- Tickets Colos - Saal – Aschaffenburg, Germany
- Tickets Backstage – Munich, Germany
- Tickets LKA-Longhorn – Stuttgart, Germany
- Tickets Salzburg Rockhouse – Salzburg, Austria
- Tickets Orpheum Graz – Graz, Austria
- Tickets Hellraiser – Leipzig, Germany
- Tickets Capitol Hannover – Hannover, Germany
Aren’t available yet, but we’ll have ticket links once seats start to sell!
Korpiklaani Tour 2013
|02/06/13||Paris||FR||Divan Du Monde|
|02/16/13||Reggio Emilia||IT||Tempo Rock|
|02/21/13||Bratislava||SK||Majestic Music Club|