Phish Announces Super Ball IX July 4th Festival At Watkins Glen
The Phish summer tour rumors are true, there will be a Phish Festival this summer. Phish will play a 3-day festival dubbed “Super Ball IX” at the Watkins Glen International raceway in Watkins Glen, NY. The news was first reported by The Corning Leader on a few weeks ago, which pointed to tweets posted by Michael Printup, Watkins Glen International president saying ““I think I am going phishing this weekend.”
Find Phish tickets on SeatGeek!
Phish is notorious for organizing huge, sold out multi-day festivals that draw tens of thousands of fans. These concerts have spanned several states across the U.S. including:
Phish Festivals: A Look Back
- 1996: “The Clifford Ball” – Plattsburgh, NY
- 1997: “The Great Went” – Limestone, ME
- 1998: “Lemonwheel” – Limestone, ME
- 1999: “Camp Oswego” – Volney, NY
- 1999: “Big Cypress” – Hendry County, FL
- 2003: “It” – Limestone, ME
- 2004: “Coventry” – Coventry, VT
- 2009: “Festival 8” – Indigo, CA
This marks the first time that Phish will play a festival over the July 4th holiday and the first major music event at Watkins Glen International since 1973. Read more at the official Super Ball IX site, and check out the video below:
Do you plan on attending Phish Super Ball IX? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter @SeatGeek!
Check out The Top Venues To See Phish in Summer 2011 by SeatGeek.