3 Perspectives on the ‘LeBron James Effect’ on Ticket Prices
Find NBA Tickets here on SeatGeek.com!
What makes us qualifed to do this? SeatGeek has historical ticket data and the technology to track secondary market price movements for sports and concerts, resulting in a comprehensive picture of fan demand for all major events.
We determined that tickets prices for the Eastern Conference Finals are about 43% of the expected Cavs home game ticket prices in the same round. Building upon this analysis many major publications picked up this story and below we have presented a roundup of articles featuring the details of this ‘LeBron James Effect’:
- With LeBron Out, Cheaper Seats Are in (LeBron James ticket price impact as discussed in the Wall Street Journal)
- Post-LeBron, NBA Playoff Tickets Are Half-Price (TIME on LeBron James and ticket prices)
- The LeBron Effect (The LeBron Effect on ticket prices at CNBC)
Update with some additional links:
- LeBron’s exit creates ripple effect (from USA Today)
- Our wallets thank you, Boston Celtics (from Bundle.com)
- LeBron James’ Absence Hurts Ticket Value (from Hoopsnotes.com)
It is also interested to see that ‘The Chosen One’ has continually lived up to his hype in terms of generating tickets sales. Will he have this same impact in a major market like New York…likely.
Please comment below if you have thoughts on this article or suggestions for future posts.