Final Yankees vs. Red Sox Series Tickets Forecasted to Fall
Attention Red Sox and Yankees fans – wait to buy tickets to either of their two upcoming AL East showdowns. As of 8/24/2010 Seatgeek.com is forecasting that the series in the Bronx on 9/24-9/26 will see a Sharp decrease in the average price per ticket between now and the series. Similarly, today we are also forecasting a Moderate decrease in ticket price for the games at Fenway Park 10/1-10/03, the final series of the season for either team. Despite the price forecast for each game, tickets to this series are currently going for more than the highest average ticket price for MLB last week.
A lot can change in the AL East despite the 5.5 game lead that the Rays and Yankees have maintained over their division rivals, the Red Sox. Both the AL Wild Card and a Division Championship are still a reality for the Red Sox, although it will require keeping pace and strong performances in each of their final two series with the Yankees. No matter how awesome the AL East race could be if the Red Sox can keep pace, we can’t deny that it is still a HUGE IF.
Below, you can see the average prices per ticket for both of the upcoming series:
- The most affordable tickets for the first series are to the 9/26/10 game at Yankee Stadium , with an average ticket price of $116.33, and can be found for as cheap as $40 a ticket.
- The most affordable tickets for the final series can be found for the season finale on 10/3/10 at Fenway Park, with an average ticket price of $142.29, and tickets can be found for as cheap as $87 a ticket.
- This graph shows the data sorted from high price to low price, and you can see that the final series in Boston is holding a higher average price
- The most expensive tickets for 10/2/2010 game can at Fenway can be had for an average of $169.13, and as low as $88 per ticket
The average price per series is indicated below:
- Ticket Prices for the final series of the season between the Yankees and Red Sox at Fenway park are an average of 22.6% higher than the series in the Bronx.
Hopefully the above information can help you make the right decision when buying or selling tickets to either of the upcoming series. Let me know if there are any questions or comments about the post by leaving a comment or emailing me at alex@SeatGeek.com , follow us @SeatGeek and @SeatGeekMLB, and like us on Facebook.