Midseason Ticket Report – American League West Division
On Tuesday, we at SeatGeek begin our Midseason Ticket Report series by looking at the American League East. On Wednesday, we looked at the American League Central. Today, we will be analyzing the American League West. We will be using three metrics; 1) Average ticket price per team versus average percent of face value per team 2) the top ten games in the AL West, as determined by average ticket price on the secondary market 3) the top three games for each team in the AL West.
- The top 2 teams in the division (based on record), the Rangers and the Angels, have the two lowest average ticket prices and average percent of face value, while the bottom 2 teams in the division, the Athletics and the Mariners, have the two highest average ticket prices and average percent of face value.
- In our previous reports, team record and both average ticket price and average percent of face value have almost always corresponded. The one exception previously was with the Rays who had the lowest average ticket price and second lowest average percent of face value in the AL East.
- Every one of the top 10 most expensive games in the AL West is against either the Yankees or the Red Sox, meaning not one is against a division rival.
- 7 of the top 10 most expensive AL West games are Rangers games.
- Every team’s top 3 games are either against the Yankees or against the Red Sox.
Be sure to check back with SeatGeek for the rest of our MLB midseason reports. Next up is the National League East.
Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @SeatGeekMLB and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.