Stanley Cup Finals: Bruins vs. Blackhawks
After six intense games, the Chicago Blackhawks won the 2013 Stanley Cup title on Monday, June 24, 2013 in Boston. The Blackhawks were down 2-1 with just 76 seconds left in the game, but made a major comeback scoring two goals in just 17 seconds to win Game 6 3-2 and become the 2013 NHL Stanley Cup Champions.
For the first time in 34 years, two Original Six teams, the Chicago Blackhawks and the Boston Bruins, are facing off in the Stanley Cup Finals, which started Wed. June 12 at 8PM ET in Chicago. This is the Blackhawks and Bruins first postseason matchup since 1978. The two teams have not played against each other in a regular season game since Oct. 15, 2011, where the Bruins beat out the Blackhawks 3-2 in Chicago.
Both teams have won the Cup within the last 3 years, Chicago in 2010 and Boston in 2011, and currently have most of the same skaters as their respective championship teams. And the similarities don’t stop there – both teams made outstanding comebacks from the brink of being bounced earlier in the postseason, have great depth along the blue line and upfront and veteran coaching staffs that have remained relatively cool-headed among all the playoff madness, and have demonstrated incredible goal tending skills throughout the post-season.
- Game 1: Ended in a 4-3 win in triple overtime by the Blackhawks Wednesday, June 12, in Chicago.
- Game 2: The Bruins came out on top with a 2-1 OT win on Saturday, June 15 in Chicago.
- Game 3: Boston won their first home game of the series 2-0 on Monday, June 17.
- Game 4: After an exhausting track meet like match on the ice, it was the Blackhawks that evened out the series with a 6-5 OT win in Game 4.
- Game 5: The Bruins’ brutality proved no match for Chicago’s speed and agility in Game 5 as the Blackhawks took the series (3-2) lead with a 3-1 win at home.
- Game 6: With just 76 seconds left in the game, the Blackhawks rallied to win the game, and the 2013 Stanley Cup title by scoring two goals in 17 seconds.
For more info on tickets for this series, visit our 2013 NHL Stanley Cup Finals Tickets page on SeatGeek.
Bruins-Blackhawks Stanley Cup Finals Schedule
|Game 1||6/12/2013||8:00 PM ET||NBC||Chicago|
|Game 2||6/15/2013||8:00 PM ET||NBCSN||Chicago|
|Game 3||6/17/2013||8:00 PM ET||NBCSN||Boston|
|Game 4||6/19/2013||8:00 PM ET||NBC||Boston|
|Game 5||6/22/2013||8:00 PM ET||NBC||Chicago|
|Game 6||6/24/2013||8:00 PM ET||NBC||Boston|
|Game 7||6/26/2013||8:00 PM ET||NBC||Chicago|
Bruins-Blackhawks Stanley Cup Finals Tickets
Stanley Cup Finals Ticket Prices
|Bruins at Blackhawks – Game 1||Chicago||IL||United Center||6/12/13||$778.22|
|Bruins at Blackhawks – Game 2||Chicago||IL||United Center||6/15/13||$828.69|
|Blackhawks at Bruins – Game 3||Boston||MA||TD Garden||6/17/13||$822.00|
|Blackhawks at Bruins – Game 4||Boston||MA||TD Garden||6/19/13||$909.66|
|Bruins at Blackhawks – Game 5||Chicago||IL||United Center||6/22/13||$1,032.19|
|Blackhawks at Bruins – Game 6||Boston||MA||TD Garden||6/24/13||$1,104.53|
|Bruins at Blackhawks – Game 7||Chicago||IL||United Center||6/26/13||$1,296.10|