Utah Jazz Details
The Jazz operate out of Utah’s capital of Salt Lake City. They moved to Utah—from New Orleans, if you were wondering where the team got its name— in 1979. The team struggled for a time after moving to Utah, but in 1984, they began a streak of qualifying for the playoffs that remained unbroken until 2004. Jazz legends and Hall of Famers John Stockton and Karl Malone led the team during the streak, and the Jazz twice made it all the way to the NBA Finals—losing both times to Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls dynasty.
The Jazz are still seeking their first championship. The team plays its home games at Vivint Smart Home Arena, which opened in 1991 and also hosted events at the 2002 Winter Olympics.
The challenge for the Jazz this year will be moving forward—not looking back. After a lengthy decision-making process, star forward Gordon Hayward left the team that drafted him and signed instead with the Boston Celtics. With Hayward on the team last year, the Jazz defeated the Clippers in a seven game first round series to win their playoff series since 2010.
Still, the Jazz are one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, and they still have the pieces to compete. French-born center Rudy Gobert will look to fill the hole left by Hayward’s departure and will likely emerge as the face of the franchise. In the 2016-17 season, Gobert set career highs in points per game, rebounds per game, and minutes per game. He also led the league in blocks, averaging 2.6 per game. Gobert is an inch over 7 feet tall and is only 25, and the Jazz will hope he’s capable of another breakout year. The Jazz have also signed defensive specialist Thabo Sefolosha, and they’ll look for Donovan Mitchell—their 2017 first round pick, 13th overall—to make an immediate impact in his rookie year.
How to purchase Utah Jazz tickets
Find the right seat, right now. SeatGeek offers the best way to buy Utah Jazz tickets.
- The list above displays all upcoming Jazz games. Once you find the game you'd like to attend, clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen will take you to a SeatGeek event page, which displays all available tickets.
- On this page, browse available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. The filters at the bottom can sort tickets by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks tickets by value, scoring each listing to tell you exactly how good of a deal you are getting. Explore SeatGeek's best-in-class maps to find your favorite seating section, and use our View From Seat feature to see precisely what your view will look like before buying.
- When you are ready to buy a ticket, click on the listing, and you will be directed to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Upon completion of the information fields, your order will be processed and tickets will be delivered via email or to your mobile device.
When do Jazz playoff tickets go on sale?
NBA playoff tickets typically go on sale in April. To get alerts on Jazz playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for a SeatGeek account.
Utah Jazz schedule
Browse the listings above to see all upcoming games, and visit the Jazz Schedule page. The regular season starts October 18, 2017, and ends April 11, 2018.
How much do Jazz tickets cost?
There are ticket options for every fan at every price point on SeatGeek. Jazz tickets typically cost $13 and up. For more information about Jazz ticket prices, visit the Jazz Ticket Prices page.
When do the Jazz play the Nuggets?
Jazz-Nuggets takes place on November 28 in Salt Lake City and December 26 and January 5 in Denver. See our Jazz vs. Nuggets matchup page for more information.
Utah Jazz Top Matchups
The Utah Jazz have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Jazz vs. Nuggets Tickets
- Jazz vs. Timberwolves Tickets
- Jazz vs. Thunder Tickets
- Jazz vs. Trail Blazers Tickets
- Jazz vs. Celtics Tickets
- Jazz vs. Nets Tickets
- Jazz vs. Knicks Tickets
- Jazz vs. 76ers Tickets
- Jazz vs. Raptors Tickets
- Jazz vs. Warriors Tickets
- Jazz vs. Clippers Tickets
- Jazz vs. Lakers Tickets
- Jazz vs. Suns Tickets
- Jazz vs. Kings Tickets