At SeatGeek we look to open ticketing with innovative technology, thoughtful interfaces, and an above-all-else focus on our users. We obsess over every detail of our product and we hope you will too.
You're ambitious, bright, and curious. You love teaching yourself new things and you're naturally driven to be the best at what you do. You may be a recent college grad or have spent a year working on a product team, and are interested in learning and refining the skills to become a product manager.
What You'll Be Doing
Associate Product Managers work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to do whatever it takes to ensure we're constantly improving our product. Along the way you’ll be exposed to all facets of product development, from writing feature specs and creating wireframes, to prioritizing implementation work and QAing new releases.
Some specific examples include:
- Digging into product analytics and making data-driven suggestions for product improvements and tests
- Working with engineers to scope and spec the implementation of new product features
- Creating and implementing test plans for pre- and post-launch features
- Writing code - maybe you have a CS degree, or just like to build things on the side, but we’re looking for someone who is excited at the prospect of making commits to our code repositories
- Triaging bugs and feature requests, prioritizing our backlog, and sprint planning.
- Conducting user research
What We're Looking For
You're highly organized, an excellent communicator, a skilled multi-tasker, and have an acute attention to detail (i.e. non-retina logos and style inconsistencies make you cringe). You're also ideally familiar with at least a handful of the following things and - equally importantly - eager to learn any that are new to you:
- A design tool such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Quantitative analysis tools such as SQL, R, Looker, Amplitude, and Google Analytics
- Project management tools like Trello, Asana, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, or GitHub Issues
- Google Spreadsheets and/or Excel
About Associate Product Management at SeatGeek
The Associate Product Manager role at SeatGeek is designed to let you make meaningful contributions to the product team from day one, while giving you the opportunity to work alongside more senior members of the team and learn all the various skills that will set you up for a successful career in product management. We have a history of hiring from within when it comes to Product Managers, and we hope that any APM we hire will follow this same path.
Note: If you've already got a few years of Product Management experience under your belt, you might be more interested in this role.
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services