The fans have spoken
"We got PHENOMENAL seats for a low price. We're very satisfied with the service."
"Very easy to use. There's no hidden fees so you know exactly how much each ticket is."
"Great seats at a great price. Purchasing and receiving the Etickets was easy and fast."
Houston Rockets Details
The Rockets were formed as an expansion team in 1967. They initially played in San Diego, California and moved to Houston, Texas in 1971.
In 1981, the Rockets reached their first NBA Finals. In 1986, their famous “Twin Towers” duo of Ralph Sampson and Hakeem Olajuwon led the team back to the finals, but they lost to the Celtics in 6 games.
Without Sampson, Olajuwon put together one of his best seasons in 1993-94 and once again led the team to the finals. This time, the Rockets beat the New York Knicks in 7 games, and Olajuwon won Finals MVP. In their next season, the Rockets added future Hall of Famer Clyde Drexler who helped the Rockets repeat as champions in 1995, sweeping Shaquille O’Neal and the Magic, and Olajuwon won his second finals MVP award. Both Olajuwon and Drexler have their numbers retired by the Rockets. Olajuwon left the team in 2001, after the Rockets had been competitive for much of the 90s. He is the NBA’s all-time leader in blocked shots by more than 500.
After Olajuwon’s departure, the Rockets drafted 7 foot 6 inch Yao Ming with the first overall pick in 2002. Yao was a dominating presence on the court, but he was only able to get the Rockets past the first round of the playoffs a single time, and frequent injury trouble forced him into an early retirement.
In 2012, the Rockets acquired their current franchise player, James Harden, in a trade with the Thunder. Harden is one of the league’s best scorers and excels at drawing fouls for free throw attempts. Last season, Harden averaged his career best in points per game with 29.1, and this summer, he signed the richest contract—which includes a guaranteed $228 million—in NBA history.
The Rockets should be an exciting team in a tough Western Conference this 2017-18 season. Houston traded for one of the league’s best point guards in Chris Paul. Paul controls the tempo of a game and frequently leads the league in steals. The Rockets will look for Paul and Harden to take them beyond the second round of the playoffs, where they finished last season.
The Rockets play in downtown Houston at the Toyota Center.
How to purchase Houston Rockets tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Houston Rockets tickets.
- Search the Rockets game listings above to find a game you want to attend. Once you find the perfect game and date, browse available tickets for that game by clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Next, explore ticket listings on the left hand side of the screen. To sort available tickets by price, use the filters at the bottom of the page. You can also sort by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks available tickets by value and displays exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side of the screen, you will see SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps, designed to help users find the perfect seating section. The maps also offer a preview of the view from a particular seat in that section.
- Click on a listing to purchase a ticket and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process.
- Once information is entered, SeatGeek will process your order and seamlessly deliver Houston Rockets tickets to your email or mobile device.
When do Rockets playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Rockets make the NBA playoffs, tickets typically go on sale in April. For alerts on Rockets playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for an account.
Houston Rockets schedule
To browse upcoming Rockets games, search the game listings above. For Rockets results, scores, record, and information on future games, feel free to explore our Rockets Schedule page. This year, the Rockets season runs from October 17, 2017 to April 11, 2018.
How much do Rockets tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the largest variety of tickets on the web, offering Rockets tickets for all fans at every price point. Normally, Rockets tickets will start at $20. For further information, visit our Rockets Ticket Prices page.
When do the Rockets play the Mavericks?
This season, the Rockets play the Mavericks January 24 and March 11 in Dallas and February 11 in Houston. Visit our Rockets vs. Mavericks matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Houston Rockets Top Matchups
The Houston Rockets have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Rockets vs. Mavericks Tickets
- Rockets vs. Grizzlies Tickets
- Rockets vs. Pelicans Tickets
- Rockets vs. Spurs Tickets
- Rockets vs. Hawks Tickets
- Rockets vs. Hornets Tickets
- Rockets vs. Heat Tickets
- Rockets vs. Magic Tickets
- Rockets vs. Wizards Tickets
- Rockets vs. Nuggets Tickets
- Rockets vs. Timberwolves Tickets
- Rockets vs. Thunder Tickets
- Rockets vs. Trail Blazers Tickets
- Rockets vs. Jazz Tickets
February 26, 2018
Last Week in Sports (2/19 - 2/25)
James Harden might just be invincible, while the NCAA looks anything but. Let’s recap this controversial last week in sports. NCAA Madness An FBI wiretap investigation has found that several NCAA schools were likely involved in illegally compensating players. On Friday, Yahoo! Sports published documents from that investigation showing violations by over 20 Division I…
February 5, 2018
Last Week in Sports | 1/29/18 - 2/4/18
Did the Eagles just do that? Blake Griffin Traded to the Pistons The NBA world felt a disturbance in the force on Monday when it was announced that LA Clippers’ franchise forward and superstar talent, Blake Griffin, would be traded to the Detroit Pistons, mainly for Tobias Harris and Avery Bradley. Griffin, you might remember,…
December 5, 2017
2017-18 NBA Award Predictions
Even a quarter into the season, any one league member can change the pace and the face of their franchise in a heartbeat. So let’s take a stab at predicting this season’s award winners - with some minimal bet-hedging. Most Valuable Player Safe Bet: James Harden Usage percentage wins the MVP, and James Harden leads…