New York Rangers Details
With a 4th place finish in the Metropolitan Division, the New York Rangers snuck into the playoffs thanks to 102 points and the Eastern Conference Wild Card. The 2016-17 season was a solid one for the Rangers, who beat the Montreal Canadiens 4-2 in the first round before losing to the Ottawa Senators 4-2 in the second round. One of the strongest offensive teams in the league, New York averaged 3.12 goals per game and had four skaters with 20-plus goals. Chris Kreider, Michael Grabner, Rick Nash, and J.T. Miller contributed 100 total goals for the Rangers. Kreider finished the year with 28 goals and 25 assists. Grabner tallied 27 goals and 13 assists, while Nash contributed 23 and 15. Rounding out the 20-goal scorers was Miller, who had 22 goals and 34 assists.
The Rangers were in the top half of the league in defense and had one of the NHL’s most talented goaltenders. Starter Henrik Lundqvist finished the year with a 31-20-4 record. With Lundqvist in goal, the Rangers should have another solid season on the defensive end in 2017-18. Alain Vigneault will be behind the bench again and should continue his string of 45-plus win seasons as New York’s head coach. In his four seasons with the Rangers, the team has a 328-192-108 record and four playoff appearances. The Rangers have what it takes to crack the top three in the Metropolitan, but will need to perform better at home in Madison Square Garden (the team finished with just 21 home wins in 2016-17). With a powerful offense and a decent defense, New York will be a tough team to beat during the 17-18 season.
How to purchase New York Rangers tickets
SeatGeek is hands down the easiest way to find and buy New York Rangers tickets all season long.
- Explore the above list of Rangers] games to find the perfect game and date. When you've decided on the event, the green button on the right side of the screen will take you to a display of all available tickets for that game.
- On the next screen, view all available tickets for the event. Using the filters at the bottom, tickets can be sorted by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks listings by value. Our interactive maps help fans find the perfect seat, and previews of the view from each section take the guesswork out of the buying process.
- Once you find the right ticket, click on the listing and you will be taken to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Your order will now be processed, and SeatGeek will deliver your tickets as soon as possible.
When do Rangers playoff tickets go on sale?
Should the Rangers make the playoffs, tickets will likely go on sale in April. If you'd like alerts on Rangers playoff tickets, sign up for a SeatGeek account.
New York Rangers schedule
Please see above for a full list of upcoming Rangers games. For game results, record, and additional information, explore SeatGeek's Rangers Schedule page. The 2017-18 Rangers regular season begins October 5, 2017 and ends April 7, 2018.
How much do Rangers tickets cost?
SeatGeek offers a wide range of Rangers ticket options, suitable for every fan at every price point. Rangers tickets typically start at about $90. For more information on Rangers ticket trends, visit our ticket prices page.
When do the Rangers play the Flyers?
The Rangers face off against the Flyers on January 16 and February 18 at Madison Square Garden and March 22 and April 7 at Wells Fargo Center. Find more information on our Rangers vs. Flyers matchup page.
New York Rangers Top Matchups
The New York Rangers have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Rangers vs. Hurricanes Tickets
- Rangers vs. Blue Jackets Tickets
- Rangers vs. Devils Tickets
- Rangers vs. Islanders Tickets
- Rangers vs. Flyers Tickets
- Rangers vs. Penguins Tickets
- Rangers vs. Capitals Tickets
- Rangers vs. Bruins Tickets
- Rangers vs. Sabres Tickets
- Rangers vs. Red Wings Tickets
- Rangers vs. Panthers Tickets
- Rangers vs. Canadiens Tickets
- Rangers vs. Senators Tickets
- Rangers vs. Lightning Tickets
- Rangers vs. Maple Leafs Tickets