- Find tickets to 2020 Masters Weekly Badge on Monday April 6 2020 at time to be announced at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 815 dollars to 2020 Masters Monday Practice Round on Monday April 6 2020 at 8:00 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 866 dollars to 2020 Masters Tuesday Practice Round on Tuesday April 7 2020 at 8:00 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 1542 dollars to 2020 Masters Wednesday Practice Round on Wednesday April 8 2020 at 8:00 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets to 2020 Masters Thursday to Sunday Competition Badge on Thursday April 9 2020 at 7:55 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets to 2020 Masters Thursday to Friday Competition Badge on Thursday April 9 2020 at 7:56 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 2343 dollars to 2020 Masters Thursday Competition on Thursday April 9 2020 at 8:00 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 2058 dollars to 2020 Masters Friday Competition on Friday April 10 2020 at 8:00 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 5602 dollars to 2020 Masters Saturday to Sunday Competition Badge on Saturday April 11 2020 at 7:57 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 1748 dollars to 2020 Masters Saturday Competition on Saturday April 11 2020 at 8:00 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
- Find tickets from 1729 dollars to 2020 Masters Sunday Competition on Sunday April 12 2020 at 7:00 am at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA
The Masters Details
2019 Masters Tournament
The Masters is a professional golf tournament that takes place every April at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia. This tournament has been the first major event on the PGA Tour calendar since its creation in 1934. The Masters differs from other major PGA tournaments in that its organizers invite golfers to compete rather than using an open qualifying format. The defining image of each Masters since 1949 is the presentation of a green jacket to the winning golfer by the previous year’s winner. The four-day tournament is preceded by The Par 3 Contest, an exhibition and interactive event that began in 1960.
Augusta National Golf Club was opened in 1933 as a private golf club. The Masters takes place on the club’s 18-hole course spanning 7,768 yards. The course’s longest holes are the par-5 Pink Dogwood (#2) and the Yellow Jasmine (#5) that each span 570 yards. The par-3 Golden Bell (#12) is the shortest hole at 155 yards. The back nine at Augusta is notable for Amen Corner, a stretch from the 11th to 13th holes that can be difficult to navigate. All three holes bump against Rae’s Creek and the creek can be cross by the Hogan and Nelson Bridges.
The event’s first iteration ended with a one-stroke victory by Horton Smith. Jack Nicklaus, one of the greatest golfers of all time, won an incredible six Masters tournaments, including three wins over four years from 1963 to 1966. The biggest win during this period was Tiger Woods’ 12-stroke victory in 1997. Woods was also the youngest Masters winner at 21 years old and the first African American to win the tournament. The first winner to lead from the first round to the final round was Craig Wood in 1941.
The Masters have produced many more exciting moments over the years of its existence. A 1942 playoff between legendary golfers Byron Nelson and Ben Hogan resulted in Nelson’s one-stroke victory from a five-stroke deficit. Nicklaus became the oldest Masters winner at age 46 when he bested a strong field during the 1986 tournament. Phil Mickelson broke the seal on his PGA majors run by winning the 2004 Masters after eight majors in which he finished just short of victory.
Visitors to Augusta National Golf Club are treated to a unique fan experience during The Masters. The concession stands throughout the course provide inexpensive food and beverage option. The club prohibits mobile phone and camera usage during The Masters, providing pay phones for outside calls. Despite the club’s bucolic setting, birds, squirrels, and other animals steer clear of The Masters due in part to an exterior fence. Patrons of the event also need to observe event-specific rules that forbid running and place a restriction on folding chairs with arms.
March 26, 2019
How to Get Masters Golf Tournament Tickets
Use code MASTERS20 at checkout to save $20 off your purchase! On the first full week of April each year, one of the best traditions in all of sports takes place – the Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta, GA. Established way back in 1938, the Masters has long been considered as the most prestigious and…