We believe that the driven, humble and wonderfully talented folks who work here are our biggest competitive advantage. Since best in class people deserve best in class support, we are on a hunt for a seasoned Sr. HR Manager to add to our People team. Working closely with our team members within HR and beyond, you will play a key role in building and scaling a number of strategic functions under our HR umbrella.
What You'll Be Doing
We take tremendous care in sourcing the best and brightest folks for our team. Our long term success depends on how well we can develop our talent post hire. If we had to pick one area where our ideal candidate has to truly, undeniably shine, this would be it. Here are a few things that you would be responsible for:
- Implementing effective performance management and goal setting systems
- Working with department heads to design effective career ladders
- Structuring strategy around promotions and lateral moves
- Providing effective training, coaching and skill development
Employee Relations & Workplace:
Making sure that SeatGeek remains a supportive, welcoming and safe place is our number one priority. You would be involved with:
- Ongoing check-ins, emotional support and conflict resolution
- Tracking, analyzing and acting on employee feedback
- Ensuring that SeatGeek is a safe workplace, free of harassment or discrimination
- Implementing measurable and actionable diversity and inclusion initiatives
We are growing. Fast. Partnering closely with our Finance team and department leaders, you will gather, analyze and track necessary data to help facilitate:
- Headcount forecasting
- Org chart planning
- Succession planning
- Change management
Since we have a dedicated Payroll & Benefits Manager in house, you won’t be directly responsible for payroll and benefits. But because compensation is an integral part of designing effective talent management initiatives, you should have comprehensive understanding of compensation programs. This includes:
- Cash compensation, commissions, ESOP, benefits and bonus structures
- Merit raises and pay for performance plans
- In depth knowledge of compensation market dynamics
Who you are
- Equal parts meticulous implementer and strategic thinker. You know how to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done while remaining focused on the big picture.
- Builder, not a blocker. You facilitate change and empower teams by acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor.
- Highly effective and empathetic communicator, both on paper and in person. You know how to build consensus and gain trust of your peers through expert counseling and warm, sincere interactions.
- Tech savvy and analytical. You know how to set KPIs, measure performance and make sense of large swaths of data in Excel.
- A humanist at heart. You are driven to produce high quality, beautiful work by genuine desire to help and empower others.
What you have
- 8+ years of progressive experience, with a few of them as a senior member of an HR team.
- Experience with high growth companies. Tech industry a strong plus.
- In depth understanding of employment laws and practices (we are headquartered in NYC with a growing presence in OR).
- Proven experience with building successful HR infrastructure, including total rewards, performance management and career ladders.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Unimpeachable professional integrity.
- Deep sense of empathy and compassion.
- Strong bias to action and excellent follow through. You get stuff done, are comfortable - nay, even thrive in - rapidly changing environments and have a highly developed sense of personal accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree and certification from a nationally recognized agency (SPHR, SHRM, etc.).
- Competitive base salary & equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A laid-back, awesome workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and team events
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- Citibike & Spotify membership