Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Internal Communications Specialist will unite our global team around our business objectives and facilitate understanding across disparate offices and teams. He/She will manage several SeatGeek legacy communications platforms, including weekly US team lunches, bi-weekly company update emails, and monthly global all-hands meetings. Based in SeatGeek’s New York HQ, the Internal Communications Specialist will lead initiatives on a global scale, working closely with people in many different offices, across functions and tenures. In this role, your impact will be magnified every day, and multiplied as our team expands.
What You'll Do
- Manages content and speaker selection for regular live company communications, including our weekly US team lunch and our monthly global all-hands meetings; Coaches speakers to tailor messages to audience and deliver effectively
- Works closely with senior leadership across departments to develop communications that build engagement and a positive, transparent culture within the company
- Owns key internal knowledge bases, including our internal company wiki, ensuring accuracy and consistency of tone and style across the organization
- Writes and edits engaging content, sourcing updates from across the business. Ensures content is consistent in terms of tone, style, and messaging.
- Researches and recommends emerging internal communications tools/technologies to continuously improve our organization’s ability to execute business objectives
- Leads ad-hoc media projects on behalf of our executive team (i.e., internal videos for our company offsite)
- Monitors internal channels and crafts responses for communication opportunities, questions, concerns, and issues
- Measures and improves communications for company-wide events by facilitating promotion and follow-up (surveys, posting slides, etc.)
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field required.
- 3 - 4 years of experience working in a digital communications or a community management environment.
- Excellent presentation skills (google slides) and experience with video presentations
- An eye for design with exceptional attention to detail
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking; can self-prioritize tasks to achieve deadlines
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees. Ability to write for the voice and style of CEO and other executives
- Keenly aware of Company goals and values coupled with the ability to relay them clearly to employees
- Experience creating communications for a diverse and global audience
- Ability to push internal communication tools to the next level
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment a plus
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services