- Find tickets from 12 dollars to Orlando City SC at Houston Dynamo on Saturday September 21 at 7:30 pm at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, TX
- Find tickets from 42 dollars to Washington Spirit at Houston Dash on Wednesday September 25 at 7:30 pm at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, TX
- Find tickets from 27 dollars to LA Galaxy at Houston Dynamo on Sunday October 6 at 3:00 pm at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, TX
- Find tickets from 50 dollars to Alabama State Hornets at Texas Southern Tigers Football on Saturday November 9 at 2:00 pm at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, TX
BBVA Compass Stadium Details
BBVA Compass Stadium opened in 2012 and is primarily used as the home of Major League Soccer’s Houston Dynamo. The open-air stadium seats 22,000 fans for Dynamo games. The building prides itself on being environmentally sustainable, both during construction, and in the present.
The stadium is also the home of the Houston Dash of the National Women’s Soccer League and Texas Southern University’s football team. The stadium is located in downtown Houston, where the city’s two other major sports arenas — the Astros’ Minute Maid Park and the Rockets’ Toyota Center — are each about a mile away from BBVA Compass. You’ll recognize BBVA Compass Stadium by its distinct Dynamo Orange coloring and the sharp angles on its geometric aluminum upper section.
The Dynamo relocated to Houston from San Jose — where they played originally as the San Jose Earthquakes — in 2005 and played at Robertson Stadium, which they shared with the University of Houston’s football and women’s soccer teams until the 2012 season, when BBVA Compass Stadium was completed. Still, the Dynamo had to play their first seven games of the 2012 season on the road as they waited for construction on BBVA Compass Stadium to finish. They played first game in the stadium on May 12, 2012, defeating D.C. United 1-0. The Dynamo were undefeated at home in their first season at their new stadium.
BBVA Compass Stadium has also hosted a number of international soccer matches, including matches during the group stage during the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup (men's) and during the 2016 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship (women’s). It also hosted a rugby match between the US and Argentina XV during the 2016 Americas Rugby Championship.
In addition to sports, BBVA Compass Stadium has also been used as a venue for concerts. Former shows have included acts like Ed Sheeran, Kenny Chesney, and Kendrick Lamar.
Where is the best place to sit at BBVA Compass Stadium?
In terms of the view, it’s hard to find a bad seat at BBVA Compass Stadium. The stands are constructed at a steep angle to keep seats closer to the field. 100 level seats surround the pitch on the lower level and will be pricier than the 200 level seats, which are on the stadium’s upper level. The 200 level seats are a good value if you don’t mind sitting a little higher. If you’re attending an afternoon game, you’ll want to keep the sun in mind. There’s some shade on both sides of the pitch, but you’ll get less of it the closer your seats are to the game.
Tips and Tricks
Keep in mind that this is an open-air stadium in Texas, and the MLS season runs March through October. Most Dynamo games have start times after 7PM, but some weekend games will start in the afternoon. If you’re attending an afternoon game, be sure to bring sunscreen (no aerosol spray), a hat, and sunglasses. You may want to pack them even for a night game if you’re at the stadium in the summer.
If you’re driving to the game, you can reserve parking online beforehand. Spots in the B and C lots will cost you $20. Those lots are also where Dynamo fans will tailgate before the game. You can also get to the stadium through public transportation: the METRORail train drops off in front of the stadium on the Green and Purple. METROLift buses also serve the stadium.
- Club Seats: Sections 105-107 and sections 206A-206C are considered club seating. Club seat tickets include access to the VIP club
- President’s Club: Exclusive seating that overlooks midfield. Includes in-seat food and drink service, VIP parking, and a VIP Club food and beverage package.
- Budweiser Deck: Standing-room section behind the north goal. Can hold up to 100 people for large events. Tickets include buffet-style food and drink.
The food at the stadium is designed to be served fast: soccer fans don’t want to miss a goal. You’ll find typical stadium fare like pizza, nachos, and hot dogs. There are some good options nearby before the game. Lucky’s Pub is a famous downtown Houston spot and has over 250 types of beer available. And if you’re looking for some Texas barbecue, Pappa Charlie’s is practically right across the street.