We believe that the driven, humble and wonderfully talented folks who work here are our biggest competitive advantage. Since best in class people deserve best in class support, we are on a hunt for an HR Business Partner to add to our People team. This role will play a key role in building and scaling a number of strategic functions under our HR umbrella.
What You'll Be Doing
Partnering closely with management team across the org, you’ll be responsible for developing and supporting our talent post hire. In practice, this will include:
- Working with department heads to design effective career ladders.
- Identifying key talent and structuring strategy around promotions and lateral moves.
- Determining department-level needs for professional development and introducing effective skill building programs.
- Providing coaching on conflict resolution and sensitive conversations as well as general ongoing support across all levels.
- Counseling on compensation related questions.
- Advising managers on ER and workplace matters to make sure that SeatGeek remains a safe and welcoming place to work.
- Helping teams implement effective performance management and goal setting systems.
- Facilitating succession planning, talent mapping and change management programs.
Who You Are
- Equal parts meticulous implementer and strategic thinker. You thrive in rapidly changing environments and have strong bias to action.
- Builder, not a blocker. You facilitate change and empower teams by acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor.
- Highly effective and empathetic communicator who is able to quickly build consensus and gain trust of your peers.
- Tech savvy and analytical. You can measure performance and make sense of large swaths of data in Excel.
- A humanist at heart. You are driven to produce high quality, beautiful work by genuine desire to help and empower others.
What You Have
- 5+ years of progressive experience.
- Experience with high growth companies. Tech industry a strong plus.
- Hands on experience building successful HR infrastructure, including career ladders and performance/goal setting programs.
- In depth understanding of US employment laws and practices.
- Understanding of compensation market dynamics, including cash comp, commissions, ESOP and bonus structures.
- Bachelor’s degree and as a plus, a certification from a nationally recognized agency (SPHR, SHRM, etc.).
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services