We believe that the driven, humble and wonderfully talented folks who work here are our biggest competitive advantage. Since best in class people deserve best in class support, we are on a hunt for a seasoned Senior HR Business Partner to add to our People team. This is a director level position which will play a key role in building and scaling a number of strategic functions under HR umbrella.
What You'll Be Doing
Partnering closely with management team across the org, you’ll be responsible for developing and supporting our talent post hire. In practice, this will include:
- Working with department heads to design effective career ladders.
- Identifying key talent and structuring strategy around promotions and lateral moves.
- Determining department-level needs for professional development and introducing effective skill building programs.
- Providing coaching on conflict resolution and sensitive conversations as well as general ongoing support across all levels.
- Counseling on compensation related questions.
- Advising managers on ER and workplace matters to make sure that SeatGeek remains a safe and welcoming place to work.
- Helping teams implement effective performance management and goal setting systems.
- Facilitating succession planning, talent mapping and change management programs.
Who You Are
- Equal parts meticulous implementer and strategic thinker. You thrive in rapidly changing environments and have strong bias to action.
- Builder, not a blocker. You facilitate change and empower teams by acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor.
- Highly effective and empathetic communicator who is able to quickly build consensus and gain trust of your peers.
- Tech savvy and analytical. You can measure performance and make sense of large swaths of data in Excel.
- A humanist at heart. You are driven to produce high quality, beautiful work by genuine desire to help and empower others.
What You Have
- 8+ years of progressive experience, with a few of them as a senior member of an HR team.
- Experience with high growth companies. Tech industry a strong plus.
- Hands on experience building successful HR infrastructure, including career ladders and performance/goal setting programs.
- In depth understanding of US employment laws and practices.
- Understanding of compensation market dynamics, including cash comp, commissions, ESOP and bonus structures.
- Bachelor’s degree and certification from a nationally recognized agency (SPHR, SHRM, etc.).
- Competitive base salary & equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A laid-back, awesome workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and team events
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- Citibike & Spotify membership