You’re a curious, rigorous, and self-sufficient explorer of data. You’re not an engineer but you fluently understand how websites and search engines work. You have a knack for always finding a graceful compromise between the ideal solution for search engines and the ideal solution for humans.
What You'll Be Doing
As our new lead SEO it’ll be up to you to ensure healthy year-over-year organic growth for SeatGeek. You’ll:
- Develop and maintain a world-class SEO analytics stack (rank tracking, crawl health, logfile analysis, competitive intelligence, etc.)
- Be responsible for SEO forecasting, centralized reports and dashboards, and ad-hoc data analysis/exploration
- Manage major search-related projects like template updates, URL pattern rewrites, schema.org markup, HTML & XML sitemaps, app indexing, etc.
- Run rigorous split tests and other experiments to optimize search metrics & conversions
- Launch and revise on-site pages and features to broaden our search reach and improve our internal link graph
- Oversee linkbuilding efforts through partnerships, PR, and content marketing
- Conduct periodic mini-audits of SeatGeek and our search competitors
Who You Are
- Experienced SEO. You intimately understand how to leverage technical SEO, content, links, and great UX to drive organic growth. You’ve likely worked on sites with many of these characteristics: 100k+ pages, local, conversion-oriented, performance-driven, mobile-focused, technically sophisticated.
- Strong executor. In addition to knowing what to do, you know how to get it done. You’re well-organized, output-oriented, and can work cross-functionally to drive results. You’ve likely demonstrated this while at a full-time in-house/client-side job (but you may also have experience at a reputable agency).
- Ruthlessly analytical You’re data-driven and skilled at conceptualizing analytical problems. You’re at home with spreadsheets and SQL, and a pro with various analytics and SEO tools. You may also have lightweight web development experience.
- Scrappy and gritty. You take an experimental approach to SEO. You thrive in high-tempo environments and will grind away at a problem until you get what you want.
- Effective communicator. You can take the intricacies of SEO and synthesize it in a way that’s easily digestible to product, engineering, and business stakeholders.
- Competitive base salary & equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A laid-back, awesome workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and team events
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- Citibike & Spotify membership