Since our inception, SeatGeek has focused on using technology to answer the big questions of the live events industry. Our obsession with product, data, and engineering is the competitive advantage that has empowers our startup to be the end-to-end platform used by everyone, from NFL teams to the biggest names in live music, to manage, sell, and promote their events.
Our Application Platform
Like many other startups, SeatGeek started off as one application, one database, one website. Over time, our user base grew to the millions, and we started offering new and more sophisticated products to users, event managers, and promoters. This has required us to expand our original software and build many other systems and services that collaborate to deliver our products and services.
The explosion of new systems and services gradually formed an ad-hoc platform; our shared knowledge of what tools, patterns, and architectures work and don't work when building and evolving systems. This oral history-based approach worked well for our first years, but we know that to face our next growth stage we need to be more explicit and structured about the platform used by the applications that empower our product.
And this is the mission of our Application Platform team. We build and maintain systems, architecture patterns, and protocols used by applications to build services. We own our API and BFF strategy, authentication & authorization, observability, and many services that are on the critical path for our users.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for engineers who have a passion for and experience in building production-ready distributed applications using microservices.
- You have solid experience in at least two programming languages like Python, Go, C#, or Java.
- You have extensive experience in building distributed systems communicating through technologies such as HTTP, gRPC, Kafka, and RabbitMQ
- You have a good understanding of storage systems such as Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB, and Redis, including complex queries and optimization
- You are very experienced in distributed architectures, Test-Driven Development, API design, and architecture patterns
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek - we've open-sourced numerous projects and made them available on GitHub