We believe in deploying code into production every day, a flat engineering team, rapid iteration, and an intense focus on user experience. We build most new features as standalone web services, and we open source them whenever we can. If that's intriguing to you, drop us a line.
What We're Looking For
- At least 2 years of professional software experience or Comp Sci (or equivalent*) degree
- Experience building web apps. The more the merrier. We'll be most interested in checking out what you have built.
- Expert with at least one language (French does not count), and good with several others.
- Passionate about web apps and code: You are opinionated about how software should work, inside and out.
The Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious.
- Datastores: MySQL, Redis and Elasticsearch
- Server: Nginx, Tornado and flask for Python, Thin for Ruby, all riding on EC2/S3
- Monitoring: Graphite/StatsD
- Version control: Git
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture where the product is king
- A monthly budget to spend on tickets to live events
- A laid-back, fun workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and social jaunts organized by Eric Waller, our official Social Chair
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we've opensourced our a/b testing framework, Sixpack, our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate, and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups