- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to The Aquabats on Wednesday June 29 at 6:00 pm at Webster Theater in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to The Chicks with Patty Griffin on Thursday June 30 at 8:00 pm at Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Dead & Company on Tuesday July 5 at 8:00 pm at Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Avatar on Saturday July 9 at 7:00 pm at Webster Theater in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Jack Johnson With Durand Jones & The Indications on Monday July 11 at 7:30 pm at Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Jason Aldean with Gabby Barrett and John Morgan on Saturday July 16 at 7:30 pm at Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Backstreet Boys (Rescheduled from 7/18/2020) on Sunday July 17 at 7:30 pm at Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to August Burns Red with We Came As Romans on Wednesday July 20 at 6:00 pm at Webster Theater in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Gordon Lightfoot on Friday July 22 at 8:00 pm at Infinity Hall Hartford in Hartford, CT
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Phish on Sunday July 24 at 7:00 pm at Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, CT
The capital of Connecticut, Hartford is home to not only the Mark Twain House and Museum, but a bustling music scene as well. Hartford is well-known for the Connecticut Opera, which was founded in 1942, as well as the prestigious Hartford Conservatory.
A number of famous musicians have also come out of Hartford. Mark McGrath, the lead singer of Sugar Ray, was born in Hartford and Chris Carrabba, the lead singer and guitarist of the band Dashboard Confessional, was raised in West Hartford. Famous jazz musician Dick Cary was also born in this city. While jazz performances can still be found throughout Hartford, the city is now a hub of more contemporary music as well.
Looking to catch your favorite musician live in concert? With a capacity of over 30,000, Hartford’s XFINITY Theatre is where you’ll want to go! The outdoor/indoor amphitheater has seen the likes of Snoop Dogg, Toby Keith, Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon, and many more. The XL Center is another large, multi-purpose arena with a capacity of just over 16,000. Many famous performers have been known to play there as well.
If dinner and a show is more your style, Hartford also offers the Infinity Music Hall and Bistro which was built in 1883. The Webster Theater, Bushnell Performing Arts Center, Arch Street Tavern, and Riverfront Boathouse are all other great options for a song-filled night out.
Hartford Concert Venues
Just a two-hour drive from New York City, Hartford offers plenty of great concert venues with tickets often available for cheaper prices. Popular artists often make tour stops at either the XFINITY Theatre or the XL Center, so be sure to check dates ahead of time. More intimate venues include the Webster Theater, Arch Street Tavern, and the Infinity Music Hall and Bistro. Whether you’re into pop, jazz, or classical music, there’s a spot in Hartford just for you.
Hartford Concert Ticket Prices
The average cost of concert tickets in Hartford is a very affordable $92 per ticket. Many folks from New York and surrounding states come to Hartford to see their favorite performers for less. Of course, pricing is subject to change depending on the performer, the day of the week that the performance falls on, and a variety of other factors.
Hartford Music Festivals
Hartford’s biggest annual music festival is the John Hartford Memorial Festival which takes place every May. According to the festival’s website, the event is named after John Hartford who was a “groundbreaking trend-setter who started a movement in music that forever changed and opened up the landscape of bluegrass music, giving way to the name ‘Newgrass.’” Another popular event that takes place each June is the Connecticut House Music Festival. Folks can celebrate House Music DJs at Hartford’s Bushnell Park Pavilion.
What are some concert tips and tricks for catching bands in Hartford?
One of best parts about Hartford is its proximity to other major cities in the Northeastern United States. Just an hour and a half from Boston and two hours from New York, Hartford is the perfect city to catch your favorite musician. You’ll likely pay less for tickets and have an easier time with parking and accommodations should you need them.
Musicians on Tour in Hartford
- Chris Brown in Hartford (XL Center)
- Dead & Company in Hartford
- Delta Goodrem in Hartford
- Hardy in Hartford (Xfinity Theatre)
- Jack Johnson in Hartford
- Jason Aldean in Hartford (Xfinity Theatre)
- Lil Baby in Hartford
- Luke Bryan in Hartford (Xfinity Theatre)
- Morgan Wallen in Hartford (Xfinity Theatre)
- Phish in Hartford