- Find tickets from 72 dollars to Vir Das on Friday November 6 at 7:30 pm at Levity Live in West Nyack, NY
- Find tickets from 105 dollars to Jo Koy on Friday November 6 at 8:00 pm at Kings Theatre in Brooklyn, NY
- Find tickets from 62 dollars to And That's Why We Drink on Friday November 6 at 8:00 pm at Gramercy Theatre in New York, NY
- Find tickets from 73 dollars to Vir Das on Friday November 6 at 9:45 pm at Levity Live in West Nyack, NY
- Find tickets from 79 dollars to Vir Das on Saturday November 7 at 7:00 pm at Levity Live in West Nyack, NY
- Find tickets from 106 dollars to Vic DiBitetto on Saturday November 7 at 8:00 pm at Bergen Performing Arts Center in Englewood, NJ
- Find tickets from 79 dollars to Vir Das on Saturday November 7 at 9:30 pm at Levity Live in West Nyack, NY
- Find tickets from 67 dollars to Erth's Dinosaur Zoo - Red Bank on Sunday November 8 at 1:00 pm at Hackensack Meridian Health Theatre in Red Bank, NJ
- Find tickets from 67 dollars to Erth's Dinosaur Zoo - Red Bank on Sunday November 8 at 4:00 pm at Hackensack Meridian Health Theatre in Red Bank, NJ
- Find tickets from 288 dollars to Marc-Andre Hamelin - New York on Thursday November 12 at 8:00 pm at Carnegie Hall - Stern Auditorium in New York, NY
Broadway Shows and Plays in New York Details
New York is the home of the biggest and best theater scene in America. Broadway runs for 33 miles, and this slice of New York has produced some of America’s most famous plays and musicals. New York’s theater scene is beloved by locals and tourists alike: total attendance at Broadway shows for the 2016-17 season reached 13,270,343 people. Broadway encompasses 41 theaters, each with over 500 seats. Broadway shows generally play Tuesday through Saturday during the evening, with matinee performances on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is set to make its US debut on Broadway in 2018. The play originally opened in London in July 2016 and has been praised for its cast and immersive stage effects. The events of the play are set years after the conclusion of the final Harry Potter novel and primarily follows the friendship between Harry’s son Albus and Draco Malfoy’s son Scorpius. The Cursed Child will be shown at the Lyric Theater, which opened in 1998 and seats just under 2000 people.
The longest-running musical in Broadway history is The Phantom of the Opera, which opened at the Majestic Theatre in 1988 and is still performed there today. Phantom has been performed over 12,000 times. The play features music by Andrew Lloyd Weber and won the Tony Award for Best Musical when it was released.
The hottest ticket on Broadway right now is for Hamilton, which has been playing at the Richard Roberts Theatre since 2015. Lin-Manuel Miranda’s musical about America’s founding fathers has broken Box Office records and won eleven Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
Other notable productions currently on Broadway include The Lion King, Chicago, Waitress, The Book of Mormon, and Wicked. New York is also home to the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts, which is the largest performing arts center in the world.
Where should I go to see theater in New York?
You can't go wrong at any of the world-class and historic Broadway venues. Selecting a theater by what's playing and by a price point that's comfortable may be the best way to go.
What theater is playing this weekend?
Broadway shows usually perform matinee and evening shows during the weekend. Scroll to the “Events this Weekend” section to see what options are available this weekend.
Get to your show early. Arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time, and give yourself extra time for delays. When you’re inside, let the usher seat you. Otherwise, you won’t get a Playbill. If you’re lucky, you may be able to get some of the show’s cast to sign your Playbill outside the stage door after the show.
How much will I pay to see theater in New York?
New York City is the top theater destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming theater, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What show should I see while I’m in New York?
You have all of Broadway to choose from! Look through the listings above to see what theater is happening in New York tonight, this weekend, and further in the future. You can also visit our Theater Page for all available shows.