- Find tickets from 39 dollars to Darkest Hour with Misery Signals (21+) on Sunday December 13 at 6:30 pm at Brick By Brick in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 151 dollars to Sebastian Bach on Monday December 14 at 8:00 pm at House of Blues - San Diego in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 37 dollars to Blue October on Friday December 18 at 8:00 pm at The Observatory North Park in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 21 dollars to Azizi Gibson on Saturday December 19 at 8:00 pm at Voodoo Room at the House of Blues - San Diego in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 74 dollars to R&B Only (21+) on Saturday January 2 2021 at 8:30 pm at Voodoo Room at the House of Blues - San Diego in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 36 dollars to Monster Magnet with Nebula (18+) on Friday February 12 2021 at 7:00 pm at House of Blues - San Diego in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 47 dollars to Amy Grant on Tuesday March 2 2021 at 8:00 pm at The Magnolia El Cajon in El Cajon, CA
- Find tickets from 51 dollars to The Simon & Garfunkel Story on Friday March 5 2021 at 7:30 pm at Balboa Theatre in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 25 dollars to Marc E. Bassy on date to be announced at Music Box in San Diego, CA
- Find tickets from 30 dollars to John Corabi on Wednesday March 17 2021 at 8:00 pm at Brick By Brick in San Diego, CA
Concerts in San Diego Details
San Diego is the furthest south of California’s major cities and is home to nearly 1.5 million people. The city is a regular stop for famous artists on tour through the west coast, and many of San Diego’s neighborhoods have a rich cultural and artistic history. If you’re in San Diego looking for live music, you’ll have quite a few options.
The largest venue in the area, the Mattress Firm Amphitheatre, is located in nearby Chula Vista (about a 25 minute drive on I-205 N). The amphitheater’s location was previously a dairy farm and an industrial park. The Spice Girls performed the first sold-out show at the amphitheater in 1998. The venue shares the area with the Aquatica San Diego Waterpark. About half of the venue’s 20,000 capacity is allotted to general admission/lawn spaces, and actual seats make up the other half. Thanks to San Diego’s warm climate, the venue is open through most of spring, summer, and fall. Jason Aldean, Imagine Dragons, Green Day, Dierks Bentley, Rise Against, Def Leppard, and Train are just some of the artists who played the Mattress Firm Amphitheatre in 2017.
If you’d rather stay in town, The Observatory is a popular music spot in San Diego’s North Park neighborhood, known as a trendy area with a variety of restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and night clubs. The Observatory (also called the North Park Theater) accommodates up to 1100 guests and can be scaled down to a 550-capacity configuration for more intimate shows. Artists like Cake, Slow Magic, and Lil Pump will help the venue close out 2017, and St. Vincent and The Fratellis will bring in 2018.
The famous House of Blues franchise also operates a location in San Diego. The House of Blues restaurant features live music on most nights of the week.
What’s the best place to see a concert in San Diego?If you don’t mind making the drive out, the Mattress Firm Amphitheatre’s size makes it an excellent place to see some of the hottest shows on tour throughout the year. Parking and traffic can be challenging, but you’ll almost always get a good show.
What concerts are in San Diego this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” for listing and tickets for concerts in the San Diego area this weekend.
Mattress Firm Amphitheatre includes parking in most of its ticket fees. Parking can be tough, so get there early. If you can, park near the exit and walk further to the arena. You’ll save precious time trying to get out. If you have a General Admission/Lawn ticket, you can usually bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on. The venue also allows for tailgating before the show.
How much will I pay to see a concert in San Diego?
San Diego is one of the top concert destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming concerts, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What concert should I see while I’m in San Diego?
How far outside the city do you want to go? Are you looking for a large concert or something more intimate? Look through the listings above to see what’s available tonight, this weekend, and further in the future, and you should be able to find something that fits what you’re looking for.
Musicians on Tour in San Diego
- Fall Out Boy in San Diego (Petco Park)
- Green Day in San Diego (Petco Park)
- Harry Styles in San Diego (Pechanga Arena San Diego)
- Jenny Lewis in San Diego (Pechanga Arena San Diego)
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts in San Diego (Petco Park)
- Justin Bieber in San Diego (Pechanga Arena San Diego)
- Maroon 5 in San Diego (North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre)
- Meghan Trainor in San Diego (North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre)
- Motley Crue in San Diego (Petco Park)
- Poison in San Diego (Petco Park)
Concerts in San Diego by Venue
- Concerts at Balboa Theatre
- Concerts at Brick By Brick
- Concerts at House of Blues - San Diego
- Concerts at Humphreys Concerts By the Bay
- Concerts at Music Box
- Concerts at Music Box
- Concerts at Pechanga Arena San Diego
- Concerts at The Magnolia El Cajon
- Concerts at The Observatory North Park
- Concerts at Voodoo Room at the House of Blues - San Diego